Tsai calls on foreign missionaries to apply for Taiwan citizenship

Well, I myself are not Catholic but grew around them and AFAIK priests are supposed to give up all personal possessions and renounce to have a wife and children. Like the guys at the Night’s watch in Game of Thrones.

That would probably be easier without certain members making comments about orifices and their favorite reproductive positions. Just a thought. :2cents:

White nationalists have been alerting people to this injustice for years, usually through posts in the comments sections of news stories linked from Drudge. Someone should alert Trump: “Asians are taking our jobs here in the USA, but they don’t reciprocate. So unfair!”

One more time: what we need is an online campaign (10 or so mails per US state would be enough to get noticed) to lobby Congress to ban Taiwanese from escaping to the USA in case of war with China–unless they can play basketball (make them shoot hoops like Snake Pliskin!), or can document at least 20 years service teaching Confucianism to the Indians.

You don’t have to be a priest/nun to have been a missionary in Taiwan for decades.

Did you bless the locals with your special fluids?

1 Like

I’d be surprised if at least a couple of those priests haven’t.

So those annoying mormon missionaries are welcome for citizenship but others not so much? Ok then

Bring on the lamas! (Mormons are only here for two years each, so we’d need like, ten of them to get one ROC passport.)

This is new:

“Tsai speaks with missionaries, urges them to naturalize

Urges them, like in a hurry?

TBH many of them have quit the habit, smitten by a local lass and started their own families.

I’ve got it! The Pastafarians recently got recognized here. We can get them to give us certificates of being an FSM missionary!

1 Like

I think this talk by Tsai has to be seen in the context if the recent agreements between China and the Vatican. Tsai wants to cozy up to Taiwan’s only diplomatic “ally” in Europe. So it is a good time now to be a Catholic in Taiwan. If the Vatican had broken diplomatic relations with Taiwan she probably wouldn’t have made this speech.

Yeah I originally wanted to title my post “After pope cozies up to Beijing, Tsai finally lets foreigners have it all” for more clicks but decided against it. A post of mine was deleted recently and did not want to end up like @mad_masala

1 Like