Tsunami donations

:help: Does anybody know how to donate money to the victims? My bank card here doesn’t have Visa, MasterCard or whatever so I’m unsure if there’s somewhere or somehow any of us can send money or whatever. Now’s the best time to help!

check [url]Donate aid to the multitude of Tsunami Survivors

But if anyone does have credit cards, they can goto yahoo’s front page where there’s a link to various groups like Oxfam which set up the tsunami relief funds.

My prayers go out to the victims and survivors.

Rapper JZ gave 100,000 USD

Jackie Chan 500,000HKD (?)

we should all do something.

[quote]American Red Cross - International Response Fund

Call: 1-800-HELP-NOW

Mail to: International Response Fund, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, DC 20013

Donate Online: redcross.org/donate/donate.html

MercyCorps

Call: 1-888-256-1900

Mail to: Dept. W, P.O. Box 2669, Portland, OR 97208

Donate Online: mercycorps.org/splash/

Catholic Relief Services

Call: 1-800-736-3467

Mail to: P.O. Box 17090, Baltimore, MD 21203-7090

Donate Online: catholicrelief.org

CARE

Call: 1-800-621-CARE

Donate Online: careusa.org/donate/index.asp?suffix=20130000

Doctors Without Borders/Medecins Sans Frontieres

Call 1-888-392-0392

Mail to: P.O. Box 2247, New York, NY 10116-2247

Donate Online: doctorswithoutborders-usa.org/donate/

Direct Relief International

Call: 1-805-964-4767

Mail to: 27 South La Patera Lane, Santa Barbara, CA 93117

Donate Online: directrelief.org/sections/ou … quake.html

International Medical Corps

Call: 1-800-481-4462

Mail to: 11500 West Olympic Blvd., Suite 506, Los Angeles, CA 90064.

Donate Online: imcworldwide.org/onlinedonation.shtml[/quote]

It’s easier to go local, at least for my wife and I. Tzu Chi is an excellent humanitarian organization and most of their work is done through volunteers.

You can donate with a check or by credit card, or you can call the number displayed on the website listed below to find out how to deliver your cash donation. Come on Guys and Gals…Give!

tzuchi.org/global/projects/t … /help.html

you can donate at any of taipei’s indonesian churches. there is one in the building directly behind taipower exit 5, located on the 6th floor.

you can donate at any of taipei’s indonesian churches. there is one in the building directly behind taipower exit 5, located on the 6th floor.

The Tzuchi people are still standing around with boxes near major MRT stations and shopping centers.
Last night saw them in front of Mitsukoshi Tower near Taipei Station, and near Warner Village.

[quote=“enzo+”]The Tzuchi people are still standing around with boxes near major MRT stations and shopping centers.
Last night saw them in front of Mitsukoshi Tower near Taipei Station, and near Warner Village.[/quote]That was me at Warner Village :blush: None of you stingy foreigners gave me any money though :raspberry: But those boxes got very full :notworthy:
They won’t be out for the rest of the week, they only had permission from the Government for 3 days (Sun-Tues). Possibly out again this weekend

7-11 has some slips on the counter (others might too, but I saw it at 7-11) for making donations to the ROC red cross with the account name and number already filled it, take it to the post office with your donation.