Tuk-Tuk Driver in Angkor, Siem Reap Cambodia

If you are doing the Angkor Wat temples or other attractions around Siem Reap I want to put a plug in for a great tuk tuk driver: Gold Tuk-Tuk Service. His name is Sovan (pronounced like “Sew on”) and I had two days of terrific transportation and advice from him.

I found his service on travel web site. Many people had already had very good things to say about his service and the comments seemed real and not a commercial someone wrote so I emailed him and he was always very prompt with replies.

I booked him to pick me up when my bus arrived from Phnom Penh and it’s a good thing I did. It was dark and raining when I arrived and Sovan had been there an hour already in case the bus was early. It was a comfort to have a friendly and safe, English speaking driver that I could trust and who knew where my guesthouse was on that arrival.

We spent another whole day touring the Ankgor Wat temples. Sovan was just great with advice on what to see and also knew much of the history so I didn’t need to hire a guide. We had lunch at a restaurant in the middle of the day and I enjoyed chatting and learning about his life and Cambodia. He his knowledgeable about the politics of the country which I was interested in learning about. However, if you prefer peace and quiet he’ll let you rest. He is great about spotting you when you return from the crowds and getting you going to your next destination.

Anyway, I could go on but highly recommended. Here is his web site and contact info:

goldtuktuk.blogspot.tw/

Email: sovantuktuk@gmail.com
092-501-691