Turkey shoots down Russian jet over Syria

Things just got more “interesting” in the Middle East:

Turkey shoots down Russian fighter jet ‘near Syrian border’

Putin will probably keep his cool. Then again, it wouldn’t be hard for Russia to justify shooting down a Turkish war plane. And Turkey is a NATO ally.

Fun times ahead. Maybe roast Turkey served early this year.

Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu has defended the shooting down of a Russian fighter jet, saying it was their “national duty to take any measure against whoever violates our air or land borders”.

meanwhile our closest muslim “friend”…

“Greek authorities recorded a total of 1.306 airspace violations committed by 101 Turkish military aircraft from January until August 2015. But this figure pales in comparison to January 2014 when approximately a thousand violations allegedly took place
Read more: sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151 … z3sQ1x2CrP

My biggest fear is that Russia and the US allies are going to get in each others way and have conflicting objectives (particularly re: Assad). As long as they both focus on ISIS/ISIL/Daesh/yo momma then it will be nice to have Russia on our side.

Russian pilot killed by ground fire. Rescue chopper downed by a U.S. supplied TOW missile and one Russian marine killed.

It was an incident like this that triggered WW1. Time to stock up on rations in the WWIII bunker.

Seems Erdogan has had enough of Russia bombing it’s isis allies. Expect Putin step things up a notch or two on NATO’s islamic pets.

I was expecting you to pronounce this another “false flag” operation by Mossad. I’m disappointed.

I was expecting you to pronounce this another “false flag” operation by Mossad. I’m disappointed.[/quote]

You just don’t understand MOSSAD culture. Regardless, Putin is pissed and he is going to open a big can of fuck you on the US of isreal’s terrorist buddies.

I hope Putin bomb’s Erdogan’s new presidential palace. Preferably with Erdogan inside.

I’m not a drinking man myself, but nevertheless, I’ll drink to that. Let it be said that I’m not a fan of Erdogan, or any other Islamo-nutcase leader.

As a teetotaller myself, I look forward to joining you in a glass of apple tea or visne suyu on that happy day.

Let’s support our gallant ally, Russia, in its mission to support its gallant allies Assad, Hezbollah, and the Iranian Islamic Republic.

Hmmmm, that doesn’t seem right.

Let’s support instead our gallant allies, the (moderate, of course) Syrian rebels, and their gallant allies Turkey, the Turkmen rebels, Saudi Arabia, al Qaeda, and ISIS.

That doesn’t seem right either.

How about anyone who really supports either side is free to pick up a gun and put their own ass on the line?

Its a mess. Turkey should not have shot down that jet, which violated its territory for something like less then 20 seconds and it was downed in Syrian airspace. Turkey kind of needs Russia and its many tourists and its gas. And Russian kind of needs Turkey as a reasonably affordable vacation spot for its citizens and it needs to sell gas as well.

So hopefully they will work it out , without hammering it out. I think Turkey is mad that the Turkmen were targetted.
The Turkmen are Turks living in Syria who are opposed to the Syrian President and his regime. And are reportedly anti ISIS.

One reads that the US is giving (essentially the Syrian President) 2 billion USD a year to keep the US airbase open. Which really should be relocated to Cyprus.

The Turkmen should have captured the Russian pilots and handed them back to Russia. Shooting them dead while they hung from parachutes is considered bad form for much of the world’s military. Even Russians don’t do that.
Apparently it is considered acceptable only if they were airborne paratroopers who’s mission is to land and fight.

Not sporting if they were people bailing out of a downed aircraft.

Edit: one pilot alive and back in Russian hands rescued by Syrian forces

Seems Erdogan making mo eye personally from Isis oil and Isis may find safe haven in turkey

It’s getting worse this complex picture

Think Trump can handle this? Or Hillary?

Russia appears to be , so far, holding it’s anger, but it will think of ways to punish Turkey. However, Russia really should not be targeting the Turkmen. They should bomb ISIS. But their agenda is to support the Syrian regime , not so much about ISIS.

Hillary, despite her flaws, would be far better at handling this situation than Trump. Trump has gone totally off the deep end and scares the bejesus out of me.

Apparently Russia is deploying S-400 on their Syrian base, just a few dozen kilometers from Turkey.

Time to :popcorn: for the best big dick contest of 2015.

Hillary, despite her flaws, would be far better at handling this situation than Trump. Trump has gone totally off the deep end and scares the bejesus out of me.[/quote]

So true. The thing about Trump is we have already seen on so many occasions now how incredibly sensitive and fragile his ego is. The slightest insult and he goes off in a huff. He has the thinnest skin I’ve ever seen on an adult.

God forbid if something like the Paris attacks did happen somewhere in the US while Trump was President, or a fighter jet being shot down, he has the emotional stability of a child and I cringe to think what kind of military response he would authorize…

Turkey shoot? In time for Thanksgiving?

Russia says it won’t go to war with turkey but it’s going to get real close to it.

They shot up the second Turkish truck convoy going into Syria
Possibly supplying Turkmen

Russia will make the Turkmen pay for shooting dead its pilot while hanging from a parachute

The Turkmen should have captured the pilots and handed them back to Russia
Hard to do though when they were about to bomb your fellow Turkmen

Russia will cause a lot of grief for Turkmen now and dare turkey to cross Syrian borders

Not to be confused with the Turkmen of Turkmenistan, a different people altogether (but still a Turkic people)

Just want to note that Erdogan has been pissing off China by handing out Turkish passports to Uighur Muslim terrorists. A large number of them have set themselves up in Bangkok, and Thailand (which has a good relationship with China) turned some of them over to China, which in turn resulting in Bangkok bombing last August.

My point being that Erdogan has succeeded in getting both China and Russia very pissed off with him. I guess he’s thinking his good NATO ally the USA will always have his back. His support for ISIS certainly should piss off the USA, but so far he’s getting away with it. Having China, Russia and the USA simultaneously as enemies seems like a bad idea.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … Syria.html

Putin accuses the US of complicity. It’s getting hairy over there.