Turkish House Restaurant in Tainan

On our way back to Taipei on Sunday, my wife son and I stopped by a Turkish restaurant in Tainan (I will supply the name soon…I left their card in my car).

They served the best lamb shish ke bob I’ve had in years and had a great thin crust “pizza” thing topped with shredded lamb and onions. My son had the chicken and rice pilaf kind of thing.

The apple tea was nice and the coffee was fantastic, in the tiny little cup no less, but it kept me wired for the drive home.

I hope you folks in Tainan can help me out identifying this place as I thought it was great and deserves to be outed. :slight_smile:

peace

edit: The name is now correct. The Turkish House Restaurant. Address, No 229 Dung Feng Rd, Tainan

phone: 06-2003617

Really good eats! :slight_smile:

Been eating there for a LONG time. VERY good food! It’s a bit expensive to eat there too often, but very worth it when the time comes.

There was a lot of food on the menu I wanted to try…can’t wait to go back!

And a coupa nuclear coffee once in a while would be sweet.

Next time, try one of the salads for a small appetizer. One of them looks like pulverized tomato. It’s good and a little spicy. The very bottom one on that page of the menu is a kind of yogurt with cucumber chunks in it. I like that one, but it may be sour for some people.

Speaking of sour, one of the main dishes (same page as the shishkebab that you got, perhaps the very top one) is a kebab-type meat with that pita bread and yogurt. This dish is not as sour as the “salad” I mentioned above, but very good.

If you live in Taipei and want the best shish-kebab ever, go to a restaurant called Himalaya (Indian) about a 90-second walk from the ZhongXiao DunHua Station. Take Exit 5, then hook back to Lane 146 and go in. As you approach an alley, you’ll be facing it on your left.

It’s a hot-plate with a bed of (what start out to be) raw onions, with the cut up kebab on top. Wash that down with a bowl of one of their Daal soups and maybe a Coke. Mmmmmmm. Their garlic pita bread is good, too. Also try their hummous to go along with a stone-baked pita.

Hope you get to try some of this. :smiley:

I shall.
Thanks
:slight_smile:

I heartily recommend this joint as well. It’s a bit expensive but you get what you pay for, and the food I’ve had there has been amazing, the pitas in particular (that thin crust pizza thing JD was talking about). Squeeze a few lemons over a slice and you’re in tangy heaven.

Also, try the yogurt-type drink, I forget the Turkish name. It’s a little sweet, little sour, little milky, very quenching.

[quote=“Quentin”]I heartily recommend this joint as well. It’s a bit expensive but you get what you pay for, and the food I’ve had there has been amazing, the pitas in particular (that thin crust pizza thing JD was talking about). Squeeze a few lemons over a slice and you’re in tangy heaven.

Also, try the yogurt-type drink, I forget the Turkish name. It’s a little sweet, little sour, little milky, very quenching.[/quote]

Funny thing was, I’d spent that previous two days in hotels eating crap and the price never even came into play. That’s good eatin!