Turning into an anti-social recluse

I’m trying to reach the above-quoted (US?)$2000 budgetary floor. :joy:

Guy

Ask the guy who wrote it.

but with shoes, jackets, lids, chains, hoodies that can run into the hundreds…I’d say 1k is surely attainable.

But we’re talking about “school gear”. So that’s pens and pencils and notebooks right?

2 Likes

Mobile phone and other devices

2 Likes

YOu guys think gear is pencils and pens? OK

Imma head out then, boomers.

7 Likes

It’s prejudice that they’d think i’m an attacker based on whatever criteria.

How much is kevlar these days? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

No need to be rude. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Those “boomers”—it ain’t me, babe!

Guy

Wait, what? So because I’ve changed my direction or route or pace a few times to avoid the risk of making someone nervous, people could be offended by my doing that and perhaps be shunning me?

Ok, that’s a bit of a surprise. Not saying I haven’t done things that merit shunning … but I didn’t think that’d be one of them.

2 Likes

Computer, phone, headphones, smart watch, plus other things depending on the day.

3 Likes

Nope. US. Depending on the school too no doubt. Most senior high school classes require gadgets and accessories and the relevant software to do the required material. There’s also calculators and such. Still a thing in schools even though computers could do the same job. Problem is you have to use something that isn’t programmable so can’t hold answers and cheat sheets.

You mean your friend is prejudiced? Or women are prejudiced? The thing is, that girl walking towards you doesn’t know anything about you. She has to make a judgement about you based entirely on your appearance and demeanor. If you’re well-dressed with your face visible she’s probably going to walk past without a second thought. But if you’re a big, intimidating guy in the habit of wearing a hoodie … well, think about it from her point of view.

I’m just a bit baffled here. I mean, isn’t this the sort of thing that buddies can just argue about over a beer? I don’t see that it needs to be a divisive issue.

3 Likes

I don’t see that. But if you start saying others are bad people because they don’t do whatbyou do, they might shun you.

3 Likes

Yes, that’d suck, absolutely.

1 Like

The idea of it is prejudice.

The friend, who keeps bringing it up, is just fucking annoying, and is possibly using it to enforce their own prejudice views.

The only thing I can say about women in general is that they are women and that is a fact. :smile:

1 Like

Is this a guy? I can’t imagine having this conversation with a mate.

Tell them to shut the fuck up. If they don’t after they know you are annoyed…….see ya.

1 Like

I’ve had this conversation with a guy. Specifically we were talking about a narrow poorly lit shortcut where sadly he couldnt cross the street. I pointed out that he or she could take the slightly longer, very well lit road with sidewalks on both widely separated sides, and he said neither of them should have to walk anywhere but the shortcut. Can’t win with these people, he also believed i was far right for not full throatedly endorsing his lunatic virtue signaling

1 Like

Lol where does it end?

Should I be staying inside when it rains to give way for the raindrops, because the water that is absorbed into my clothes could instead be used to quench the thirst of newborn babies with illnesses in hospital? How selfish of me :clown_face: :woozy_face:

Maybe i’m not going reclusive but going right-wing. Ever since I became a Regular on Forumosa I’ve changed… :joy:

2 Likes

It happens to the best of us.

Guy

3 Likes

Also, recognize the privelege that you have a home to go to, you monster

Famously a right wing bastion, apparently. 4chanosa

3 Likes