Turning physics on its ear

This seems potentially monumental to me.

[quote]“What I can say with full confidence is that our system violates the law of conservation of energy,” he says.

“Now, is that perpetual motion? Will it end up being that?”

`Holy crap, this is really scary,’ inventor says of strange phenomenon
[/quote]

[quote]In an interview with the Toronto Star, Habash was cautious but matter-of-fact with what he’s seen so far. “It accelerates, but when it comes to an explanation, there is no backing theory for it. That’s why we’re consulting MIT. But at this time we can’t support any claim.”

Just before the big day at MIT, the Star spoke with professor Markus Zahn about what he expected to observe.

“It’s hard for me to give an opinion,” said Zahn, who admitted he was excited to see the demonstration. “I don’t believe it will violate the laws of physics. You’re not going to get more energy out than you put in.”

Contacted by phone a few hours after the test, Zahn is genuinely stumped – and surprised. He said the magnet shouldn’t cause acceleration. “It’s an unusual phenomena I wouldn’t have predicted in advance. But I saw it. It’s real. Now I’m just trying to figure it out.”

Turning physics on its ear
[/quote]

I think it sounds amazing!

Even if Mr. Heins machine doesn’t put physics on its head, it still seems like he has discovered something useful.

The link below has demonstrations of his machine. I haven’t watched them, but I will when I get home tonight.

link

[quote=“NeonNoodle”]Even if Mr. Heins machine doesn’t put physics on its head, it still seems like he has discovered something useful.

The link below has demonstrations of his machine. I haven’t watched them, but I will when I get home tonight.

link[/quote]
Thanks for the link. Those are big files so I’ll have to look at it later. Being directed at highschool students will also help me to understand I hope. I expect to see it shot down soon.

He’s not the first to come up with this. This guy in Japan has something very similar, and so do these guys in Ireland.

It’s hard to say whether there’s anything in it, because they’re all being determinedly ignored by the scientific community – the Japanese dude used to take his to conferences and let it sit there spinning in a glass box, and people would refuse to look at it.

My take is that conservation of energy applies only in a closed system, and there’s no particular reason to think that our environment or even our universe is one. Who knows what’s possible?

I read about something similar a few years ago (on a UFO conspiracy site or something), enforcing a generator with electromagnets powered by the generator. They said it took off and disappeared into another dimension. It is possible that large magnetic fields have properties we can’t measure yet.

Steorn (the Irish perpetual motion machine company) is NOT being ignored by the scientific community: they have had many interested takers willing to debunk or be part of their theory in strict testing, each phase of which they have had dramas at, or failures…

until they actually DO something interesting, there’s nothing to ignore. that has not happened yet.

Is this the same Canadian guy who had an “antigravity” device jerryrigged in his barn? That was a cool video. I wish I had kept the link.

Isn’t perpetual motion one of those things you can’t patent?

All we need to do now is hook this up to one Tesla’s broadcast power devices, which means that it would also be impossible to charge anyone for the power they use, and the world as we know it would really get confused.

I remember reading about the Irish guys. They never got anywhere, did they?

perhaps the main reason why people backed away really quickly from Tesla’s invention (of wireless power transmission), and then cast him as an evil fraud and eventually had him banned, blacklisted, and written out of history. The Edison power company and General Electric, among others, were scared of losing their pricing control over the new god of electricity.

a lot like digital music and the pirate bay/emule/napster scenarios of today.

Free energy?

Just add water

What I don’t understand about these people who manage to create ‘free energy’ in their garden sheds is they they don’t just build something that proves the concept once and for all.

Him: “I’ve got a thingy that makes more energy than it consumes.”

Me: “Great! Put it in a box - don’t bother me with what’s inside - and attach two wires from it to something that needs electricity to run. Then put the combination on public display somewhere in a controlled environment so that anybody can wander in and see for themselves that yes, this lightbulb is powered by this box and - eventually - this box has been powering this lightbulb for months or even years.”

That’s really all it takes. The physicists can catch up later. All I care about is “does electricity come out of this box or not?”

Show me a box that pumps water uphill continuously. Put it in the park, put a webcam on it, and leave it running.

Steorn…can’t keep a good idea down :slight_smile:.

Now releasing their everlasting battery :popcorn:
Got to give it 'em, many of the posters in this thread have moved on but Steorn…KEEP ON GOING. They probably wedged some radioactive isotopes in there to keep em going for a few decades at low power.

irishtimes.com/business/fact … -1.2506832