Tutoring on the side

Hey everyone, I’m a buxiban EFL teacher like many of you and I’m trying to pick up students to tutor during my free time. It seems that working anything than what’s on your ARC is technically illegal. However I know plenty of folks who work in the kindys and do privates.

What I’m looking to know is your opinion on handing out fliers. I’m in Taipei, would hitting the streets and handing out fliers and/or posting them at local universities get me into trouble? Anyone had any negative experiences or know someone who has regarding this?
Any information would be helpful, thanks.

Presumably your contact information would be on your DMs. You are looking for big trouble. It only takes one DM seen by a bushiban and you will be looking for discount airfare out.
EDIT: This seems to be troll. I hope I am not providing food.

[quote=“arjay”]Hey everyone, I’m a buxiban EFL teacher like many of you and I’m trying to pick up students to tutor during my free time. It seems that working anything than what’s on your ARC is technically illegal. However I know plenty of folks who work in the kindys and do privates.

What I’m looking to know is your opinion on handing out fliers. I’m in Taipei, would hitting the streets and handing out fliers and/or posting them at local universities get me into trouble? Anyone had any negative experiences or know someone who has regarding this?
Any information would be helpful, thanks.[/quote]

Private tutoring is deniable: ‘Oh, I’m just having a coffee with my pal, and helping him with his homework’. There’s no papertrail. No evidence. No one can prove you were tutoring. Unless you print up a flyer-shaped ‘Kick Me’ sign and tape it to your back. :laughing:

Stupid idea for people on ARC. But I think its a sound idea if you’ve got residency here.

• Might make it rain paper trails at some highschool this week-end.