TV ad: Dude robs bank. Dude must have been black

I stand by my original diagnosis which is, you need to get your eyes checked (or your head). :smiley:

Don’t get us wrong. None of us are denying a very strong tendency for racism in advertising here. We are just saying the man in the commercial isn’t black.

I think he is supposed to be SE Asian.

Truth be told it’s looks a bit like a forumosan I know :smiling_imp: :laughing:

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]Noone bothered to link to the video so we can see for ourselves ? I’ll do it myself then: www.brands.com.tw[/quote]Thanks Big Fluffy - now we can see thats its a Tawainese idea of a composite sketch.

Pretty funny… :smiley:

Of course, some Taiwanese call anyone with dark skin ‘black’ even if they are Taiwanese, not African.

“Oh I don’t like going to the beach…I don’t want to get BLACK!

If I had a dime for everytime I’ve heard that here…

Jess keepin’ a Brotha down…

I watched it last night - no he is not black.

I have yet to see a black person here with yellow frizzy hair.

Ok, I take it back. The man does not look black.

Truth be told, I have never actually seen a black person. :blush:

it’s just the Taiwanese version of Mr. Potato

gosh what a stupid commercial. sometimes commercials are made to be super stupid so long as people remember it, its done its job .

the stuff is super YUK anyway. However, if you are feeling ill, it does seem to help. I fed my cat the stuff if hes under the weather. But it does taste HORRIBLE.

you have to drink the whole bottle in one gulp BEFORE your taste buds awaken !!!

I agree. It tastes like you’re drinking a chicken. Not chicken soup or chicken gravy, but the whole damn chicken.

I dont think that guy is black.
But I notice that “medicine” for a cold or something ,
always have non-Taiwanese there.