TV remote controller

My TV remote controller is broken , I don’t want to use a phone application. Should I get a replacement of the same brand as the TV , or are there universal remote controllers ? I’m looking for a physical one that I can hold no APPs. About how much should I pay and where to get a generic one ? I feel a TV shop might be over priced. Obviously I have no idea , that’s why I’m asking.

“One-for-all” remote control

Ali Express/Amazon/ebay, one of those shitheap sites
Guanghua if you want to shop physically

the local 百貨 (the neibourhood everything stores) should have it. Its ~300-400 nt. They also have universal controllers for AC etc.

3 Likes

Take a picture of the model of tv. Go to 全國電子. They’ll hook you up.

2 Likes

I say remote control. I like your extra flourish at the end. Reminds me of the fat controller on Sodor (one for tank engine fans there).

Ah, language.

1 Like

Ah that’s a very good idea. Thanks.

1 Like

I’ve always called it that ha. It was a spelling mistake not a typo, it took people long enough to tell me that :rofl::joy:
I call the AC remote control the remote controller too.

1 Like

Ok update.
It was actually the cable remote controller. You have to bring in the actual TV remote controller to the cable company office and they will “Set it up for you”. On that mission now. Will update when successfuly complete the task.
So need to bring in the TV remote and cable remote.
Approximate price 250NTD
Time taken to find location and execute operation nearly 2 friggin hours.

3 Likes

Sounds like fun and games. Hope it gets sorted easily.

1 Like

Part 2 will appear shortly. It’s called “The hunt for the missing TV controller”. I reckon down the back of the sofa. I have to sort this out before the Lunar New Year. :joy:

1 Like

You can’t find the cable remote? Oh boy. Try losing something else, then the remote will appear.

This is already a better story than any published book I’ve read recently.

1 Like