TV show "LOST" coming to Taiwan

I had the TV on for background noise the other day and thought I caught an ad for the upcoming TV Show “LOST” on AXN, starting in June. Can anyone verify? I’ve looked on their website, but didn’t find anything.

It’s supposed to be a Fantastic show!

If it’s the same Lost we’ve had in the UK for a while now (bit like “The Amazing Race”), then it’s well worth watching. I’ll be keen to watch it. Hope they don’t show series that are 3 years old though.

Different “Lost”. This is an American one, sounds like an updated Robinson Crusoe type deal.

EDIT: This one.

Oh. A bit like “Survivor”?

No, wait, is this reality TV or fiction?

I’ve just realised I saw the ad, BTW. It’s of a plane starting to break up, “Alive” (the film/movie) style.

Yes, but fictional (er, that is, more so :slight_smile:).

For some reason the date 6th June is appearing in my mind. Maybe I subconsciously took that in, or then again, maybe I’ve totally invented it, LOL.

Woohoo!!! I am indeed non-stupid. :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.axn-taiwan.com/schedule/default.asp

Go to June 6th and you’ll see that Lost is first on at 11pm. Click on where it says “LOST” and you’ll get more info about it.

MAN! That info is hard to find when you can’t read Chinese.

Also, that page is CRAPLY written. Doesn’t work properly in Firefox and eventually caused fatal errors in my IE.

[quote=“irishstu”]
I’ve just realised I saw the ad, BTW. It’s of a plane starting to break up, “Alive” (the film/movie) style.[/quote]

I thought it was China Airlines’ new commercial.

Ha! :laughing:

Actually it’s a pretty cool ad, cos you’re watching it thinking about nothing much. There’s people sitting in the plane, a bit of turbulance, the guy says something like “it’ll be over soo…”

Suddenly some guy literally gets smacked off the ceiling of the plane, another guy gets his head split open by some falling baggage or something, and then the back of the plane just “falls off” and half the people get sucked out…

… and then you think “Hmm… I guess this isn’t an ad for an airline company.” :stuck_out_tongue:

irishstu - Thank you so much! I spent about an hour looking through that website trying to find info on it - finally gave up! I’ll mark it on my calender.
The first season of Lost was this past year in the fall, so it’s not too far behind.

Thanks again!

I just wanted to add that I am a “Lost” fanatic, and with only three episodes left for the season I will soon be having some major withdrawls. I love the show, it is well-written, great character development from the very first episode. Enjoy!

Yes, I totally agree. This show is awesome. I will definitely be watching it when it comes on TV here. Here’s the link to the official Lost website. I especially recommend the ‘Diary’ section, but ONLY if you’ve already seen all the episodes. There are spoilers throughout the whole thing, but it’s interesting because you can read about what’s happening on the island from an unseen character’s perspective.

LOST is higly recomended… you guys better watch this series… i already watched the first season and i can say its great!

Yes, but fictional (er, that is, more so :slight_smile:).[/quote]

Dassgirl we already LOST on the Dream TV satellite so it’s time to check your schedule. :smiley: :smiley:

We do? I’ve seen the reality show somewhere but not this one. I guess I’ll have to wait for it to start on AXN like everyone else :laughing:

We do? I’ve seen the reality show somewhere but not this one. I guess I’ll have to wait for it to start on AXN like everyone else :laughing:[/quote]

We are on Episode 11 already

axn-asia.com/schedule/default.asp

Every Thursday 9pm (PHL/THA) 10pm (HK) Repeat broadcasts
Fri 12noon, Sun 9am & 10pm

Philippines schedule for 26 May 2005 (Thu) << PREV | NEXT >>

Time Title Episode
6:00 Gensomaden Saiyuki 35
6:30 Gensomaden Saiyuki 36
7:00 NEXT ACTION STAR 6
8:00 Boomtown - Possession 2
9:00 COLD SQUAD (SEASON V) 5
10:00 PENSACOLA (SEASON III) - Crash Test 16
11:00 NEXT ACTION STAR 6
12:00 CSI: (SEASON 5) 15
13:00 Boomtown - Possession 2
14:00 COLD SQUAD (SEASON V) 5
15:00 THE CONTENDER 15
17:00 Gensomaden Saiyuki 37
17:30 Gensomaden Saiyuki 38
18:00 PENSACOLA (SEASON III) - Pensacola Shootout 17
19:00 Boomtown - The Squeeze 3
20:00 30 Seconds To Fame 12
20:30 MONDO MAGIC 4
21:00 LOST 11
22:00 THE CONTENDER 14
23:00 David Blaine: Vertigo 1
0:00 30 Seconds To Fame 12

It’s on Dream TV AXN at 9pm tonight… put the kids to bed first and enjoy

Regards

[quote=“expat newbie”]I had the TV on for background noise the other day and thought I caught an ad for the upcoming TV Show “LOST” on AXN, starting in June. Can anyone verify? I’ve looked on their website, but didn’t find anything.

It’s supposed to be a Fantastic show![/quote]

48 survivors fight to stay alive on a tropical island with a malicious mind of its own, after their plane mysteriously tears apart over it.

When a plane crash leaves 48 survivors on a remote Pacific island, a fight for survival begins in what appears to be a tropical paradise.

From a faded rock star to a Korean couple who don’t speak any English, the motley group band together under the leadership of quick-thinking Jack and pragmatic Kate in a battle against the elements.

But they soon realise that it’s no ordinary island that they’ve landed on. With oddly temperamental weather, malicious forces that play the survivors to the island’s own mysterious purposes, and a strange ecology that allows polar bears to survive in its tropical climate, the island has an inscrutable mind of its own.

And when members of the motley group start to see spectres of long dead people and bizarre creatures, a deep, dark terror starts to grow and spread throughout the community.

Even as the survivors

I have the whole season 1 on my computer with Chinese subtitles. It’s a pretty good show and enjoy watching it!