πŸ€ Basketball | Taiwan T1

I see NBA on ELTA-tv, will T1 also be on Elisa free.

T1 playoffs start next week. The first game will be in Taichung on Tuesday, when Taichung Suns take on the Taiwan Beer Herobears. A note about how this works:

The rankings are:

1. New Taipei DEA

2. Tainan Ghosthawks

3. Kaohsiung Aquas

β€”β€”β€”β€”

1. Taiwan Beer Herobears

2. Taichung Suns

β€”β€”β€”β€”

1. Taoyuan Leopards

Ok. Leopards in last place are out.

Herobears and Suns will play Tuesday in Taichung in a best 2 out of 3 competition, but they will only play (at most) 2 games. Fourth seed, Herobears, enters the tournament with a win since they are the higher seed. The winner of that round will move on to the semi final round and play first seed DEA in a best of 5 usually using a 2-2-1 format. What that means is the first two games will be at DEA’s home stadium since they are the higher seed. The next two games will be played in the other team’s stadium. The final game, if neither team has 3 wins, will go back to DEA’s home court. This season is different, though, because of schedule issues with Xinzhuang Staium (DEA’s). They will do a 1-1-1-1-1 format, switching between the two, starting with DEA’s first game at their own court on May 1.

Ghosthawks and Aquas will battle it out in the 2-2-1 format, with Ghosthawks having most of the home court advantage.

The winners of those series will go on to play for the championship in a best (4) of 7 games: 2-2-1-1-1 style.

Will try to often update stuff here on forumosa, but feel free to follow my facebook page, as well:

1 Like

Huh ?

Sorry I did not reply. The Herobears were in the 4th Seed position, with Taichung Suns in 5th place. So Herobears start that series with an automatic one game win.

Suns ended up winning both games, and they were both really close. So they advanced and are now playing against first seed DEA, and getting crushed.

It is the best of playoffs. It is the worst of playoffs. It is the age of long-running teams. It is the age of teams that changed more than a baby on laxatives. It is the age of epoch hope. It is the epoch of incredulity.

Two playoff series happening in the T1 League: First to three wins wins the series. Tainan Ghosthawks are ahead 2-1 against the Kaohsiung Aquas. DEA is destroying the Suns.

One real issue at play is the Suns ability to keep players around. The team playing now in the playoffs is very different from the team they started with. I have to check, but think they had 10 or 11 imports. Some of these changes happened to try to find the right chemistry with the team. Others happened unfortunately due to injurties: most notably loosing their big guy, Aaron Geramipoor, the Iranian National Team player who has really been the face of the Suns since they started last year. He broke his finger in a Herobears game. Somehow, every major issue tends to happen during a Herobears game. Suns did have a shining star in the addition of Rayvonte Rice, who started his pro career in Italy. He was signed with the Suns in February and has been one of the best players in the league since then. 2 very close and exciting games against the Herobears got them into the playoffs. I guess some good things do happen during Herobears games, also. Still, going against DEA, who has been consistent all year and at the top of the league, they are getting squashed. They lost the past 2 games 126-78 on Monday and 110-83 tonight. DEA still has to win one more game, but assume they will walk away with a 3-0 run here, especially since the next game is at New Taipei.

On the flip side, the Aquas are fighting against the Ghosthawks. Ghosthawks have the overall clear advantage, leading the series 2-1 and, if they lose Friday in Kaohsiung (which the Aquas have a decent shot of winning at home), the next game will be in Tainan, where the Ghosthawks have an amazing record. I have been to many T1 games and the Ghosthawks fans seem to be the most passionate. Small stadium, but if they can pack it Monday if it goes that far, it will be tough for the Aquas to come ahead.

My predictions:

DEA beat Suns next game 123423498238989023123879587489 to 78. Maybe not that much. But who cares at that point? But I really call DEA by 25 points at home.

Aquas pull out a win at home against Ghosthawks. Aquas need to move the ball more and let the three non-giant players try to chase the ball until they get the best shot. That is what worked last game. Think Ghosthawks can win at home, but afraid they will lose in Tainan. But still hope it is DEA and Aquas in the playoffs. So keeping my fingers crossed. If I could make magic happen, it would be Aquas and Suns. But think Suns played their last home game this season. Next year, they’ll be better with Geramipoor back and a more stable team.

Got it.

Finals are here. Playoff scores:
Playin games: Suns need 2 wins to advance. Herobeers need 1 win.
4/25 Suns: 138 Herobears: 130
4/27 Suns: 120 Herobears: 118

Playoffs: Suns vs. DEA: First to three wins advances.
5/1 DEA: 126 Suns: 78
5/3 DEA: 110 Suns: 83
5/7 DEA: 130 Suns: 86

Kaohsiung Aquas/Tainan Ghosthawks: First to three wins moves to the finals
4/28 Ghosthawks: 117 Aquas: 103
4/30 Aquas: 124 Ghosthawks: 103
5/3 Ghosthawks: 97 Aquas: 88
5/5 Aquas: 99 Ghosthawks: 98
5/8 Ghosthawks: 105 Aquas: 99