TV to connect to my pc for gaming and movies

In my computer room I’d like to add a large tv (40"+) to connect to my pc and use for movies and “couch gaming”. So my setup would be:

Regular PC monitor connected to my desktop via video port
TV connected via HDMI to my AV receiver
Receiver connected via HDMI to my desktop

I’ve not owned/used a TV for more than 5 years now. I have 0 knowledge about brands and panel quality regarding televisions.
Is there any brand or specific model that you would recommend? I’ve seen many 40/42/43" televisions between 10000 and 15000nt, and I think that would be the top of my budget.

What kind of PC games are you talking about? FPS?

I’d say these days if might as well go for a 4K capable TV. Preferably one that has some sort of smart TV features (lets you cast stuff from your smart phone to your TV).

If you want the best possible quality, then Sharp has a patent over 4 colored LCD screens that supposedly give the largest color depth. Go for that if you don’t mind the price tag.

Otherwise, get one with AMOLED if you don’t mind the price.

As for the rest of the LCD panels, they are pretty much all about the same. Some would have screens would have a slight red cast, others a slight blue cast, go to a store to see if you would even notice.

There’s always colour calibration.

[quote=“hansioux”]What kind of PC games are you talking about? FPS?

I’d say these days if might as well go for a 4K capable TV. Preferably one that has some sort of smart TV features (lets you cast stuff from your smart phone to your TV).

If you want the best possible quality, then Sharp has a patent over 4 colored LCD screens that supposedly give the largest color depth. Go for that if you don’t mind the price tag.

Otherwise, get one with AMOLED if you don’t mind the price.

As for the rest of the LCD panels, they are pretty much all about the same. Some would have screens would have a slight red cast, others a slight blue cast, go to a store to see if you would even notice.[/quote]

I very rarely play FPS, most of the games I enjoy are rpg and some sport games every now and then. I often play Hearthstone and World of Warships as well. I’m not particularly worried about input lag because the tv would be for relaxed gaming, so if I want to do something that requires more precision I’d switch to the regular pc monitor.

If all lcd panels are pretty much the same, I’d probably go with a 43" BenQ, it has reasonable reviews for the price.

[quote=“hansioux”]What kind of PC games are you talking about? FPS?

Otherwise, get one with AMOLED if you don’t mind the price.[/quote]

Thinking you missed the part where he mentions his budget?

If you’re hooking your PC up to it then you have no need at all for a smart tv because your PC will be able to do all that stuff much better. 4k would be nice but way out of your budget, I picked up a second hand 42" 1080p Benq from that street near Guting with al the second hand shops for 6000nt or so, by the sounds of it something like this would be fine for your needs and you can save a bit of cash.

So far the main options would be:

BenQ tv in the 42/43" range, very reasonably priced and panels look ok in stores.

Stick to a pc monitor and get a 32/34" one, possibly 25601440. I’ve seen a BenQ that’s 32", 25601440 and price around 20k ntd, a bit above my budget but it would be an increase in size and resolution over the 27" 1080p that I use now.

[quote=“Ibis2k12”]So far the main options would be:

BenQ tv in the 42/43" range, very reasonably priced and panels look ok in stores.

Stick to a pc monitor and get a 32/34" one, possibly 25601440. I’ve seen a BenQ that’s 32", 25601440 and price around 20k ntd, a bit above my budget but it would be an increase in size and resolution over the 27" 1080p that I use now.[/quote]

check out TVs on PChome, sometimes they have special deals there.

24h.pchome.com.tw/store/DPADIX?style=2

I think aside from BenQ, Chimei, Philips are also worth your consideration.

This Philips for example seems to match your requirements and price range.
24h.pchome.com.tw/prod/DPADIK-A9 … =/S/DPADIX