TW GF too immature?

[quote=“Baas Babelaas”]I think some of them get stuck at about 18 - 21.

[/quote]

:astonished: The good ones or the bad ones?

wow - thanks for all the replies guys.

O M G- I cant believe how the stereotype rings so true for TW girls… I thought it was all hype now but im in the middle of it. My TW girl is immature… yes (she calls me Mr Piggy and sucks a pacifier)… but I dont know if thats necessarily a terrible thing, right? I mean… I dont even know if it actually bothers me… im just not used to it being from Britain and still coming to terms with it all the cute nicknames and none stop txts. This is going to be one HUGE learning curve, I just hope no one ends up getting hurt! Good job im really laid back and I think Im starting to love her so… we’ll see.

Mainland chinese girls are so different in my experience (no?)… how has taiwan developed such a culture? [not that I think either is superior, im just curious].

Cheers

Woaah, good question ! How did Taiwan do this ?

Riiiight. There’s immature, and then there’s infantile.

Unless your surname is “Piggy”, run.

Well, it started when a certain group “relocated” to the 'wan and started to strip telephone poles of the transmission wires to resell the copper. That created a communications “hole” and the entire populace became a semiconductor trying to match holes and electrons, and so today communication is only semiconducted with a high noise floor. Constant texting is one approach to overcommunicating to compensate. If this is too sociotechnical, you can Ask Urodacus.

Riiiight. There’s immature, and then there’s infantile.

Unless your surname is “Piggy”, run.[/quote]

Yes, it’s a terrible thing. Does she have many female friends?

If her “childishness” and terms of endearment are getting to you at this early stage, it’s probably a good sign that you’re not compatible. End it ASAP. Best you find someone unaffectionate, like another Western woman. Maybe that will suit you best.

[quote=“Chris”][quote=“g1zmo”]I started learning Chinese… met a Taiwanese girl became friends now its getting kind of serious… Shes almost 19 (im 22) but she acts immature at times like a kid… kind of sweet with all the knicknames but sometimes her mannerisms freaks me out (not majorly tho’).

Is this immaturity normal?[/quote]
Yes, she’s only 18: immaturity is most certainly normal in any culture for an 18-year-old.

Then consider the fact that she’s from Taiwan, where it’s normal for unmarried 35-year-old women to still live with their parents, sleep with stuffed animals, and love Hello Kitty…[/quote]

Yeah, here in America my friend’s 18 year old girlfriend (he’s 21) is a world apart from him in maturity. We find ourselves saying “well she’s just a freshman” way too often.

Wait a frickin’ second… About how often does she suck on a pacifier???

Please tell me that that’s code for something else in an attempt to keep this thread PG-13.

[quote=“g1zmo”]wow - thanks for all the replies guys.

O M G- I cant believe how the stereotype rings so true for TW girls… I thought it was all hype now but im in the middle of it. My TW girl is immature… yes (she calls me Mr Piggy and sucks a pacifier)… but I don’t know if thats necessarily a terrible thing, right? I mean… I don’t even know if it actually bothers me… im just not used to it being from Britain and still coming to terms with it all the cute nicknames and none stop txts. This is going to be one HUGE learning curve, I just hope no one ends up getting hurt! Good job im really laid back and I think Im starting to love her so… we’ll see.

Mainland Chinese girls are so different in my experience (no?)… how has taiwan developed such a culture? [not that I think either is superior, im just curious].

Cheers[/quote]

I don’t think that Mainland Chinese girls are very different from Taiwanese girls, honestly :wink:
Immature talk and behaviour, weird nicknames, love of Spoge Bob and Hello Kitty…all that stuff.

IN fact they are picking up Taiwanese girls ways of speech and fashion (non) sense.

Speaking of Taiwanese girls and fashion, wtf is up with all the frilly tops? They looks hideous and just make their arses look bigger and their boobs smaller.

Cant complain about the short skirts and shorts though, damn :wink:

Might just be my opinion…

Well, sometimes being immature is good. Better than some women and men who are serious all the time and not much fun. Better than dating women who only think about marriage and cannot just enjoy a relationship.

Come on!
It depends what kinda girl u dating with.

Besides it’s not a good way to judge a girl whether she is immature or not by age, guys!

:blah:

Going by age is a heuristic, not a rule of physics.

[quote=“starbucksholic”]
Come on!
It depends what kinda girl u dating with.

Besides it’s not a good way to judge a girl whether she is immature or not by age, guys!

:blah:[/quote]

Age is a fairly reliable indicator, tbh.

In my opinion the immaturity is entirely caused by the repressed, coddled culture.

I don’t believe for an instant that there is some ‘immature gene’, that they are naturally immature. In this culture children are coddled and repressed way too much.

Coddling + Repression = immaturity

Its not just the girls either, its much deeper than that, it pervades the whole of society. I have witnessed grown men throwing violent tantrums when ‘face’ was lost.

Interesting responses people, thanks for the input.

I have an update on my relationship with my TW GF who I originally thought may have been acting immature. Shes older than she originally admitted to being, I found out, she confessed and we moved on… very confusing? is this usual for TW girls to pretend to be younger, it seems youth is highly valued in my experience with many TW girls.

Every now and then she shows me definite glimpses of maturity… so theres more to her than meets the eye/ear just like any woman or person I guess. Im going to stick with this one and see what happens, practice for when I move to TW.

G1

How old is she really? 30+?

[quote=“g1zmo”]Interesting responses people, thanks for the input.

I have an update on my relationship with my TW GF who I originally thought may have been acting immature. Shes older than she originally admitted to being, I found out, she confessed and we moved on… very confusing? is this usual for TW girls to pretend to be younger, it seems youth is highly valued in my experience with many TW girls.

Every now and then she shows me definite glimpses of maturity… so theres more to her than meets the eye/ear just like any woman or person I guess. Im going to stick with this one and see what happens, practice for when I move to TW.

G1[/quote]

So, she started the relationship with lying about something as basic as her age…don’t you think that should be a red flag???