TW girls and dark men?

I know they love the white guys, but is there any market at all for a darker person (I’m thin, so not physically intimidating, but bald and look east indian)

You’re not Canadian, by any chance, are you?

According to a friend of mine who is ‘of colour’, it’s either feast or famine. They either love you or hate you.

It is indeed feast or famine. My theory is that it comes down to weight. Taiwanese are extremely fat-phobic and if you are overweight you’ll find everything 10x harder than back home (getting a job, getting laid). I knew one black guy, he was tall and of average build, and he was getting so much it was ridiculous. I know another black guy, he’s big and fat, and he gets nuthin’. I really think weight’s more important than skin color here, because I know that back home, fat guys could always get laid, they had to work at it sure but they could still get some ladies, but in Taiwan anyone over 50 kilos is considered a beached whale.

Also, Taiwanese girls go for height. It doesn’t matter if he’s as ugly and gangly as Zeke Hillbilly, if a guy is tall, he’s having to fight’em off in Taiwan. Short guys, well…it helps that most Taiwanese girls are even shorter.

But the real killer is to have blonde hair and/or blue eyes. If you’ve got those assets, you could be plug-ugly with halitosis and no personal hygeine and a horrible personality, and all the girls will squeal, “Brad Pitt!”

Basically, in a nutshell, most Taiwanese girls have no clue what a good-looking non-Chinese guy looks like. All white/black people look the same. Their eyes are kind of stupid that way.

With a handle like MapleLeaf, I bet he is.

Sort of like our eyes when looking at the Taiwanese; you should have heard the hysterical laughter at work when I told my female Taiwanese coworkers which of the Taiwanese men we worked with would be considered good looking back home.
As for Taiwanese girls liking “darker” guys - it depends. I know some African men here, and they are bewildered but grateful for the reception they’re getting at certain clubs. One asked me: “Why are Taiwanese women so crazy for ‘Kevin’? He’s just an ordinary-looking guy.” If that’s ‘ordinary’ in Nigeria, what on earth does ‘handsome’ look like?

50 kilos a beached whale??? The height factor does count! As for race and getting women in Taiwan,it matters more on the guy, but they do love blond hair blue eyes around here!!

i figured it would be a pretty niche market at best. i can deal with that.

i’m thin and average height. guess i won’t scare em ALL off!

and yeah… i was born in canada.

I work in an almost all female office. The topic of physical attributes comes up and FWIW, many gals here like height, broad shoulders. The word “girth” came up. So that does imply that some weight is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Based on these physical attributes, it’s no wonder that western men appear to so attractive to local females. Western men happen to be normally taller, broader and have more “girth” than your average Asian/Taiwanese male.

FWIW, a lot of Asian women both here and back in the US who found me attractive loved my height. And I’m not even tall by western standards, just a regular average joe.

[quote=“Yellow Cartman”]
FWIW, a lot of Asian women both here and back in the US who found me attractive loved my height.[/quote]

C’mon, we all know that it’s because of your huge *

• bank account. :wink:

[quote]The word “girth” came up. So that does imply that some weight is a good thing…
[/quote]

Umm…
FYI: When the gals start talking about “girth”, we definitely ain’t talking about weight!! :wink:

[quote=“Erhu”][quote]The word “girth” came up. So that does imply that some weight is a good thing…
[/quote]

Umm…FYI: When the gals start talking about “girth”, we definitely ain’t talking about about weight!! :wink:[/quote]

:smiling_imp: Oh, there’s so many places to go with this…

To quote Del Hayes:
“Even Frankenstein could get lucky here.”
This was in 1987. It’s still true today.
You can see Del here:
Shadow Teachers
And I still have the two-cassette recordings on MD…:wink:

[quote=“Yellow Cartman”][quote=“Erhu”][quote]The word “girth” came up. So that does imply that some weight is a good thing…
[/quote]

Umm…FYI: When the gals start talking about “girth”, we definitely ain’t talking about about weight!! :wink:[/quote]

:smiling_imp: Oh, there’s so many places to go with this…[/quote]

Yes, but the place she was going with it beats all the other places you were thinking of. :wink:

Dark-skinned men seem to do pretty well here. I have rarely seen a black man here solo. Black women, though…

I will stop at that (for now) at the risk of :flog:

In the end like the “Czar” said it depends on the dude more than anything! Most guys from super handsome to fat, sloppy and rude can get a girl here, lets face it. I know handsome white guys that had trouble and chubby, unkempt guys that were great talkers and had 2 sexy girls at once.

Hell as a black guy I can tell you it is easier to find a hot girl than a job. Of course I am not complaining, I have a pretty good job now!

Though common, it is still taboo here at times to be seen with a foreigner, but a dark skinned guy even more so. Then again there is a rebel portion of the female population here that doesn’t care what every one else thinks. Plus it is true. How many black guys from any country do you see solo here…not too many.

My last relationship was with an ethnic East Indian and it lasted over a year. It wasn’t in Taiwan, though. But there is hope for you yet. I’m a firm believer that personality wins over looks anytime. Just be yourself, don’t drool over every Taiwanese girl, and I’m sure you will have better luck in love (or lust) than the female posters here.

I swear, Taiwan has better looking women than men, foreign or not! You guys are lucky!

Thanks everyone. As long as I know I have that the chance isn’t 0%, that’s good enough. I’m not really going hunting for girls there, but checking if I should rule it out completely. Guess not.

I know a few coloured guys who are extremely popular with the girls. Both are good talkers and nice guys…which is really what people are after. Sure it is nice to have “eye candy” around but it does where thin. However I do agree with the posters that suggested height, blue eyes and blonde hair are considered super attractive which is why I do alright for a guy who never tries.

well guys!!!
i am TWgirl, and i like BLACK GUYS!!! :wink:

Well… I’m IN Taichung now, and I must say, skin colour doesn’t seem to be a negative, but actually more of a positive.

They either are scared of me, or REALLY dig me… I’m not like many of the desperate foreign guys who go all wild and crazy now that they can all of a sudden get good looking girls, because at home they never had a chance. I notice that most of these girls are pretty clueless, so I’m chillin and waiting for someone to impress me with some actual mental stimulation, aside from the physical beauty.

But ya, not a negative at all… and to all the womanizing guys up in here, ease up, these girls are people too, not just toys.

So, you’re only like a few of the desperate foreign guys who go all wild and crazy now that they can all of a sudden get good looking girls, because at home they never had a chance? :s