TW Police beaten up by local mob?

Couldn’t understand too much about the postings on FB but allegations were founded the “blood” was faked in relation to a Mob riot near Shalu Township - near Taichung.
Looking at the spatters, there might be some truth in it ?
Anyone know what this is about?

Looks real enough to me. What? The Shalu cops are bringing fake blood to their policing ops these days? Yeah, riiiight! :unamused:

A MOB in Shalu? What the hell? The Shalu police being cunning enough to use fake blood. DOUBLE what the hell?

Some kind of training exercise I’d bet.

:thumbsup: if it ain’t on the news it is fake, but reactions seem to be diverse…

Copying some comments here:
天吶!!警察好可憐 - 真的假的,那還不把暴徒抓起來,還站在那幹嘛 - 台灣的警察辛苦了…(而且很親切) - 傻眼!! 原來警察故事演的都是真的!! - 這是被抗議的攻擊的嗎 -
傻眼!! 原來警察故事演的都是真的!!

:thumbsup: if it ain’t on the news it is fake, but reactions seem to be diverse…

天吶!!警察好可憐 - 真的假的,那還不把暴徒抓起來,還站在那幹嘛 - 台灣的警察辛苦了…(而且很親切) - 傻眼!! 原來警察故事演的都是真的!! - 這是被抗議的攻擊的嗎 -
傻眼!! 原來警察故事演的都是真的!![/quote]

And for the 90 odd percent who can’t read Chinese what does the above say?

:blush: I couldn’t make anything reasonable of it using Bing or Google translators thus some say it seems real, mob attack, not faked. Dunno.
The 10% whom understand could tell :slight_smile:

[quote=“ceevee369”]:oops: I couldn’t make anything reasonable of it using Bing or Google translators thus some say it seems real, mob attack, not faked. Dunno.
The 10% whom understand could tell :slight_smile:[/quote]

I appreciate your honesty, sir. :slight_smile:

傻眼!! 原來警察故事演的都是真的!![/quote]

And for the 90 odd percent who can’t read Chinese what does the above say?[/quote]

My 30 second translation:

The police are pitiful (=have it really hard). - Really? - Why are they standing there and not catching the thugs - Taiwanese police have it hard (and are warm) - What ?! Police stories that were acted out are real after all - This was caused by the attack of the protesters? - What ?! Police stories that were acted out are real after all

Apparently last year some people were upset about pollution issues in Shalu, but I couldn’t find any news about a protest in Shalu this year. I don’t know Chinese, so I might not be using the right search terms. I guess it’s also possible it hasn’t made it into the news yet.

My thoughts about the pic were similar to Tempo Gain’s, but now I’m in the “don’t know” group. I’m afraid to say one way or the other, mainly because some people seem to have become upset about pollution in Shalu.

I don’t know what to make of the vid below, but I guess it’s about the pollution issue:

Strange the three of them have so much blood but no broken noses or ripped up shirts etc. If it’s real that’s pretty rough.

Can’t find anything online, seems like a BS story.

[quote=“Charlie Jack”]Apparently last year some people were upset about pollution issues in Shalu, but I couldn’t find any news about a protest in Shalu this year. I don’t know Chinese, so I might not be using the right search terms. I guess it’s also possible it hasn’t made it into the news yet.

My thoughts about the pic were similar to Tempo Gain’s, but now I’m in the “don’t know” group. I’m afraid to say one way or the other, mainly because some people in seem to have actually become upset about pollution in Shalu.

I don’t know what to make of the vid below, but I guess it’s about the pollution issue:

[/quote]

The video is about people protesting over the high heavy metal content in the soil that vegetables are grown in…Anyways, I ride my bike around QIngshui a lot and seeing how filthy the rice fields are – they use gutter the is their arrogation system – I wish I could just stop eating…

Here’s a (Chinese Language) Liberty Times article on heavy-metal pollution in Dali, which I think is not far from Shalu:

libertytimes.com.tw/2012/new … day-t1.htm

I’ve looked and looked, using various combinations of words, and I’ve found absolutely nothing on it. But I still can’t help but wonder whether there was a riot, and if so, whether it arose out of discontent about heavy-metal pollution.

Here’s a (Chinese Language) Liberty Times article on heavy-metal pollution in Dali, which I think is not far from Shalu:

libertytimes.com.tw/2012/new … day-t1.htm

But I still wonder whether there was a riot, and if so, whether it arose out of discontent about heavy-metal pollution.[/quote]

Dali is in the same general area but a good 20 minute drive away at least. I wonder if eating Ritz crackers every meal would be healthier than eating all the crap food here…I’m not sure about the protest; I’ll ask my wife…wife hasn’t heard anything…

:laughing: That’s a good one.

Thanks. Surely somebody other than the poster of the pic on Facebook would know.

Thanks. Surely somebody other than the poster of the pic on Facebook would know.[/quote]

Wife has not heard anything.

Thanks. Surely somebody other than the poster of the pic on Facebook would know.[/quote]

I’ve emailed my Taiwanese ex to find out what is going on, as she lives in Shalu. We can expect a terse and factually incorrect repsonse from her in the next 5 to 10 years. It will probably somehow have been my fault. :laughing:

Wife has not heard anything.[/quote]

Thanks for the info.

I guess I’ll provisionally subscribe to the Tempo Gain Training Exercise Theory.

I tried to find the post on FB but it seems vanished. No FB revelation what this was about - or not about.