Two Days in Sydney

Okay, HGC, I’ll give a little more. I’m facilitating a very carefully scripted sales transformation program to a room full of crazily intelligent, tough IT sales execs in the morning, so I can’t be out drinking, you see.

I’m in North Sydney, at a hotel that gives of glorious view of the harbour, just above Luna Park. Yesterday I took the train into the city and had lunch at a pub near Chinatown. I walked all over the city after that. Saw Hyde Park and St. Mary’s, then the NSW art museum and the botanical gardens, with spiders as big as birds in the bushes and the bats hanging from the trees. Walked up to McQuarrie’s chair and took some photos, then back over the Opera House. From there, I had dinner at a place called Wood Fire, at the Quay. I managed to walk back to North Sydney via some of the districts in the area and the bridge. It was lovely. Today was the zoo and the ferry to Manly, which was a gorgeous ride. I returned later in the afternoon for Italian food and then I settled in to get ready for tomorrow.

Along the way, I’ve sampled most of the beers you guys recommended. I think I’ve been slightly drunk since I arrived here.

I never made it to Bondi Beach, which is regrettable. My travel companion took a 1,000 or so photos, so we took everything pretty slow.

I’ve been instructed by the head office not to start the session tomorrow in the manner I’d prepared, which was specifically tailored to tough Aussie business people: “G’Day. It’s time for you cunts to learn how to fucking sell to technical buyers, which you’re all pretty much fucking useless at. So listen the fuck up!” I still maintain that this would have been the best intro, but I’ll come up with something fuck-free to start tomorrow’s session.

your head office obviously has no fuckin’ idea whatsoever. tell 'em to get stuffed.

An Aussie Cisco exec I met on the plane over told me to say, at some point in the training, “She’ll b’ll right,” and that everyone would smile.

Fo’shizzle!

(PS… Don’t say Fo’shizzle)

[quote=“urodacus”]Fo’shizzle!

(PS… Don’t say Fo’shizzle)[/quote]

LOL.

Corrr! Hoofing back and forward across the bridge is always cool. Sounds like you could get the Lavender Bay ferry to work. That would be nice.

Problem on the swearing is your accent. “You falking carn’t” sounds too much like an English toff. We don’t like them.

“You do (insert). She’ll be apples” is a little more finely tuned.

HG

misread title as “two dogs in sydney” … sorry

you can actually buy Two Dogs in Sydney.

(It’s an alcoholic lemonade invented there, well before Mike’s Hard Crap.)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Dogs

[quote=“urodacus”]you can actually buy Two Dogs in Sydney.

(It’s an alcoholic lemonade invented there, well before Mike’s Hard Crap.)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Dogs
[/quote]

that looks yummy ! Id like to try one or two…