Two Foreigners Getting Married in Tainan VS Our own countries?

@cuppiecake

Sorry for the late response and congratulations to you both. Just an update on where we are today :

Registration of Taiwanese Marriage at MECO Kaoshuing :

• We were able to successfully register our Taiwanese marriage at MECO Kaohsiung. It was quite straight forward and easy :

• We went there just a week after we got married in Taiwan. We filled a form and signed it in presence of an officer. They gave us a couple of copies and kept one, which was to be sent to MECO Taipei. [Were we told foreign marriage registration in Philippines could take between 3 to 6 months.]

Registration of Foreign Marriage in Philippines

• In March, 2018 (3 months later) my wife inquired about our marriage registration from PSA (Philippine Statistics Authority) in Manila but they hadn’t heard anything.

• In April (4th month) I visited MECO Kaoshuing to make sure they had sent our papers. They instead referred us to MECO Taipei.

• MECO Taipei gave us a reference number and date of shipment (they had sent our document in Feb, 2018). They told us they had sent our documents to DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs) and not PSA.

• On 20th April my wife took that reference number + date to DFA in Manila. They were able to find it. They gave her a paper slip and asked her to visit PSA Santa Mesa.

• In PSA Santa Mesa my wife applied for two copies for marriage certificate. They told her she would get it on 30th April.

• On 30th April it was wasn’t done and gave her another paper slip and referred her to PSA in Quezon City , which accordingly to them handled foreign marriage cases. She visited them and they gave her another slip, telling her to come back on May 7th.

• Yesterday my wife was finally able to get marriage certificate from PSA. Since our marriage in Taiwan 5 months ago my wife was still considered legally single in Philippines. Thankfully that’s finally been fixed and our marriage is finally registered in Philippines.

Note : When I first went to MECO Kaohsiung with our Taiwanese marriage certificate they were honestly quite surprised. Apparently, this was the first Taiwanese marriage certificate they had seen between a foreigner and a Filipino. They asked me to write down the steps for them so they could help other Filipinos wanting to get married to non-Taiwanese in Taiwan.

Just attaching all files below for your reference :

Taiwanese Marriage Certificate in Chinese :

Taiwanese Marriage Certificate in English:

Report of Marriage at MECO Kaoshuing

DFA Slip for PSA

3 Likes