Two Foreigners Getting Married in Tainan VS Our own countries?

Hi, I just wanted to give an update on my progress in case there are other foreigners with the same problem. We finally succeeded in getting married in Taiwan. Below is a summary of the steps :

1. I applied for a Single Certificate from Pakistan. a) Got it authenticated by local Ministry of Foreigner Affairs (MOFA) b) Send it to the designated TECO center to get authenticated

2. My girlfriend did the same. She got her Single Certificate (called CENOMAR there) a) Got it authenticated by Department of Foreign Affairs (DOFA) b) Gave it to TECO Manila to get authenticated

After receiving our fully authenticated single certificates in Taiwan. I had them translated in Chinese and then notarized by a notary public and then finally got those translations authenticated by the Taiwanese MOFA.

I took all these documents to the nearest Household District Office along with our ARCs and two witnesses. That’s all!

Two foreigners (who were never married) got married in Taiwan. We got our marriage certificate.

Next Steps after this :
a) Get the Marriage Certificate Authenticated by MOFA Taiwan
b) Take the marriage certificate to Philippines Embassy here so they can register our marriage in Philippines as well.
c) Take the same certificate to Pakistan Embassy so they can do the same.

PS : My whole reason for getting married in Taiwan (rather than Philippines or Pakistan) was so it would be easier for my wife to apply for residence permit later. TECO Manila will not deny or question a marriage certificate issued by their own country.

12 Likes