Foreigners Nabbed For Vandalism (Public Graffiti Art)

Well, it sure didn’t take too long before some more foreigners did something to make the news again. According to the news report, two Americans, “Jeffrey and Tores” got caught spray painting a vacant wall with their graffiti art. Both were arrested and fined $2,000 NTD each for their artistic talents. Anyone here know who these guys are?

let it be known that the recent string of Waiguo crime has involved nary a Canuck.

just sayin.

“…until the police came, and… arrested us” gee what a downer lol

weird accent, immigrant I guess

What a disrespect… I hope next time, they will be kicked out of Taiwan. When you are foreigner, it’s even more important to abide by the law.

2000nt? Cheap fine. Painting on someones steel door isnt right, but maybe on some bare walls is ok. Wasnt there some TW kid studying in Germany who did this and won some sort of award recently?

Thing is do we really want graffiti to take off in TW???

Well, the Gov’t had set some “graffitii free” zones, meaning that anyoneccould draw, then they come and pait white over them, more artwork is added, more white paint, and on and on…

Jeffery looks like someone I worked with who I know was a tagger. Don’t know if it was him because I couldn’t see his eyes.

Its started.
Fookin engrish teechur gangs marking their territory.

And what is with that ‘accent’?

Taggers (even wannabe pukes like this) = Community service picking up trash and scrubbing bin lang stains off the walkways.

1 Like

The lack of graffiti in Taiwan is one of the things I like best about the country. I detest graffiti with a violent passion. If it were oppressed citizens in a repressive state scrawling political comments on a wall, that would be fine. However, it’s pretty much just mindless vandalism with a bit of egotism and/or moronic gang culture thrown in.

I would like to see offenders, and any tossers who defend vandalism with the “but it’s art, man” BS, horse whipped in public. Or at least caned with five-foot willow branches, preferably ones that have been soaked in linseed oil.

The linseed oil soaking is a nice touch.

The mark of a professional.

1 Like

gotta say I also hate graffiti

you want it on your own wall, canvas, scooter, or whatever, that’s fine, but on someone else’s property I’d vote for the linseed. Plus, it makes the streets look dirty and unkept

1 Like

[quote=“Northcoast Surfer”]Anyone here know who these guys are?[/quote]What’s it to you? Why do you want to know who they are?

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]weird accent, immigrant I guess[/quote]It’s already been said he’s a foreigner so he would be an immigrant.

Yet again, something got in the news just because foreigners are involved. And yet again, everyone is gossiping about them like a bunch of old ladies.

1 Like

The streets of Taiwan are clean and tidy? That’s more newsworthy than this bs report about someone defacing an ugly concrete wall.

1 Like

We need Banksy to come to Taiwan.

1 Like

No thanks. The last thing we need here.
I was shocked by the amount of graffiti in Melbourne when I visited my sister there two years ago. And I’m not just talking funky downtown areas. It was a common feature even in nice suburbs.

Anyway, Taiwan’s streets are looking much nicer these days. One of the most encouraging trends is the growing popularity of pot plants. Lots of flowers and plants on rooftops, balconies and roadside. If you compare pictures of streets taken ten or twenty years ago with how things are now, it’s quite a noticeable improvement.

1 Like

[quote]And yet again, everyone is gossiping about them like a bunch of old ladies.
[/quote]

Clueless, self-righteous old ladies.

1 Like

I agree graffiti’s unsightly, but it’s basically a law and order thing and defacing of property thing, hard to see whipping and linseed oil as an appropriate solution, this aint Singapore and thank god for that. Fine them a penalty plus the cost to repaint for a first time offense and leave it at that. Jesus man.

And as for that poster who said foreigners should “respect Taiwan’s laws” and such - gimme a fucking break. Combining that post and the linseed oil whippings, 90% of Taiwanese workers/immigrants in the US should be whipped and cast out of 'murka just for driving like fuckheads. And I’ve met a lot of their children when I was in high school and college in the US - graffiti is nothing compared to the idiocy, vandalism, and violence they were into.

“Chill, Weeen-staaaaan”.

1 Like

[quote=“Chaon”][quote]And yet again, everyone is gossiping about them like a bunch of old ladies.
[/quote]

Clueless, self-righteous old ladies.[/quote]

Expressing a dislike for vandalism is ‘self-righteous’? Perhaps we can come and decorate your place.

Free tip: Be an industrious squirrel! Save up your sentences and after a while you’ll have enough to make something we call a paragraph. And one day you might even have enough words for two paragraphs.

1 Like

Put me in the category of “hate graffiti.” It makes environments look ugly and contributes to a lowered sense of security, safety and law and order for residents of communities affected by it. I also am glad for the lack of graffiti in Taiwan. As bad as some communities look here, they’d look even worse with some idiots’ random spray painting and tags. Harsh punishment isn’t necessary, but consistent enforcement is. 2000 nt fine seems an appropriate and measured response to the problem.

[quote=“TwoTongues”]I agree graffiti’s unsightly, but it’s basically a law and order thing and defacing of property thing, hard to see whipping and linseed oil as an appropriate solution, this aint Singapore and thank god for that. Fine them a penalty plus the cost to repaint for a first time offense and leave it at that. Jesus man.

And as for that poster who said foreigners should “respect Taiwan’s laws” and such - gimme a fucking break. Combining that post and the linseed oil whippings, 90% of Taiwanese workers/immigrants in the US should be whipped and cast out of 'murka just for driving like fuckheads. And I’ve met a lot of their children when I was in high school and college in the US - graffiti is nothing compared to the idiocy, vandalism, and violence they were into.[/quote]
You liked it when I mentioned birch rods in a previous thread but now you seem unenthusiastic about the willow branch whippings. Growing soft are we, made effete by the heat and corrupting influences of Thailand.
Weakened, and not fit to Rule.
Just remember: the next time you want a holiday getaway, avoid John’s B&B unless you want a bit of Boot and Baton.
See ya. Bit excited. I’m off to play with my Riot Squad Kens.