Two oil tankers struck in suspected attacks in Gulf of Oman :facebook:

Some tards start torpedoing tankers, and one happens to be Taiwanese -__-

so, does this mean China will retaliate for “one of its provinces’ assets being attacked” ?

4 Likes

Loose Iranian mine? It was pretty close to the shore. Hard to believe the Iranians would torpedo a ship from a sub

According to other sources the takers are Norwegian and Panamanian (but were sailing to Taiwan and Japan)

If this was to be a prelude to a war it could be a way to start ratcheting up a story about Iran being x,y and z.

2 Likes

False flag from another OPEC country to raise oil prices?

1 Like

None of them have subs, but they might have released mines.

Well, Israel does…cough cough…

3 Likes

Yeah but that’s their nuclear deterrent. That would be pretty unbelievable

No one has been blamed officially, but I think it will turn out to be the houthi fighters. Not because it makes sense, but because they’re backed by iran, they often throw rockets at saudi arabia (they hit an airport just today) and in the past they already attacked Saudi tankers, so they’re the ideal scapegoat.

Iran foreign minister already defined this attack as “suspicious”, and it really looks dodgy as fuck. I hope it will not be a rehearsal of the “Weapons of mass destruction” meme.

4 Likes

You mean they’ll get blamed? They’re pretty far away from there.

Yeah, they’ll be blamed somehow.

“ROGUE IRAN-BACKED HOUTHI FIGHTERS A DANGER FOR WORLD PEACE”
“WORLDWIDE OIL DISTRIBUTION AT RISK”
“THEY MAY HAVE DEVELOPED NUCLEAR TORPEDOS” (???)

or some nonsense along those lines

2 Likes

It could be anybody.
Americans want an excuse to target Iran.
Could be Houthis pissed off at UAE and Saudis (agree most likely given the terrible war there).
Could be the Iranians to leave a warning about striking Iran…Will block Persian gulf.
Could be the Israelis to get US on side .

1 Like

US energy independence is helpful in times like these.

And it’s not a bad idea any time.

1 Like

I wonder if they’ve thought it all the way through.

3.2.1. …Predictable

There appears to be some video evidence of the Iranians trying to remove a mine that failed to detonate . Perhaps that’s fabricated ? Perhaps it was John Kerry on a boating cruise . Much as we know the US and company have fabricated reasons for engagement in the past , perhaps there may be valid reasons . Have to wait for more evidence .

During #44’s administration there were plenty of “gas attacks” in Syria, usually done in villages or cities that were being liberated by the Syrian army. So the idea was that the Syrian army, instead of using chemical weapons in AlQaeda or Isis locations, was gassing its own civilians for fun after liberating cities from AlQuaeda. The idea that those attacks were staged by the “moderate rebels” themselves was labeled a conspiracy theory, even though it happened several times and always in the same way.

Similarly, this mine removal thing can be framed in two ways:

a) The Iranians had nothing to do with, they went there to rescue the tankers’ staff and they removed an unexploded mine
b) The Iranians were trying to hide their actions

It looks like Pompeo & friends prefer version b). I still hope this is a remake of the strategy that lead the two Koreas to peace talks, but this time we’re talking about a rival of “America’s Greatest Ally ™®©”, and a quick look at Iraq, Libya, Syria etc etc makes me worry.
Maybe each PotUS gets a free war against a rival of Israel during each mandate.

1 Like

So who started that tanker war back in 1984?

Conspiracy theories welcome.

CPC reprts loses of NTD 8 million in this incident. That´s barely 250 thousand USD… Filipino workers, flag of convenience tanker, lots of insurance.