Two women get kicked out of Uber after kiss

They could have been tolerant of his possible intolerance by choosing not to kiss in his car. Why is this difficult?

They were obviously Islamophobes who were oppressing the poor man with their hot white lesbian privilege. :grin:

1 Like

Thatā€™s a phrase that died a premature death at the hands of PC culture, imo.

Hope it sees a revival in my lifetime.

1 Like

Because it doesnā€™t make any sense. American people kiss without even thinking about it much. No oneā€™s going to think ā€œgee maybe this guy is going to be culturally opposed to kissingā€. Half of everyone in NY is from somewhere else practically. What were they supposed to query him first. Anyway, itā€™s NY where people donā€™t get bent out of shape about a simple kiss, not wherever.

No, of course they werenā€™t supposed to query him first. Iā€™m on their side, but I can appreciate that others might be on his side as being the first offendee. Which, technically, he was.

If the womenā€™s story is to be believed, I disagree. If he canā€™t handle people having a quick peck, gay or no, heā€™s in the wrong place or the wrong kind of job at least. :2cents:

I agree.

EDIT: Iā€™m not being a dick, by the way, I do agree. He should not be there if he canā€™t be tolerant. Or, they will have to learn to tolerate his beliefs.

Looking at the video, it doesnā€™t seem so clear cut. The driver says ā€œI said the first time donā€™t do it,ā€ implying that he asked them to stop and they didnā€™t. They may have even rubbed it in his face to make a point. They seem pretty confrontational in the video. If ā€œno kissingā€ is the Uber policy and he asked them to stop, he would seem to be within his rights to end the ride if they didnā€™t comply.

Iā€™d say the ā€œno kissingā€ policy should take part of the blame. As long as nobodyā€™s getting bodily fluids on the back seat, what business is it of Uber what the passengers are doing back there?

1 Like

Trouble is, Uber is the only thing worth suing - and itā€™s covered its ass with a no kissing policy. I suppose the tippers of the velvet could try claiming that ā€œno kissingā€ is an infringement of their rights? Nothing to be gained in suing the driver - heā€™s got nothing.

True, but Iā€™d still say if they were not making out in the back of his taxi, heā€™s asking for a confrontation by making any kind of a deal it of it. Good point about the Uber rules, I bet theyā€™ll clarify them. If the guy put too much faith in the rules, heā€™s got a complaint against Uber I guess

I think the TLC and Uber should have at least expressed some sympathy for the driverā€™s culture, even if they chose not to come on his side. This sort of one-sided thing is what the recent Supreme Court ruling on the Colorado baker decried.

Furthermore, they shot the hot lesbian couple all smiley, really not depicting people who were discriminated against.

Yeah ok. Not deserving of any more response

Uber is not the same as a taxi. You are in some oneā€™s personal car.

On a business trip with coworkers recently we took about 8 Uber rides. Drivers were Indian , black and also white.

We were respectful and engaged the driver in light banter. We had pleasant rides and the drivers were friendly and enjoyed having us.

Three of us with bags , they helped with bags and were not put off we had three people or bags.

Point is to remember you are not really on public transport.

Be polite and friendly. Better all around.

1 Like

Youā€™re not being yourself? :thinking:

1 Like

They want to have a taxi service and eat it too.

This is why regulation. :2cents:

English Language Learner.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good point.
It seems we are getting only one side of the story.

Yeah. Iā€™m certainly not in favor of Islamic mores being imposed on American behavior, but if the driver is being punished for enforcing Uberā€™s policies, thatā€™s not fair either.

My wagon my space, in my wagon follow my rules or get another Vehicle of whatever color!

Great. Now try telling Uber to follow your rulesā€¦ :doh:

(Btw I should clarify what I wrote earlier: Iā€™m not taking a position on whether or not PDAā€™s ā€“ of whatever sexual orientation ā€“ should be allowed. Iā€™m just against this notion that itā€™s proper for Uber to be a de facto taxi company but smugly claim ā€œceci nā€™est pas un taxiā€ every time a dispute arises, as discussed in ā€œUber? Should Taiwan allow Uber to operate?ā€)