Txt or Call?

So what do you guys think? If you are chatting with a woman at a pub/club and she gives you her number, is it better to call her or txt msg. her?

I remember talking to this guy one time and he said never call a Taiwanese girl first time . . . always send a txt and go from there.

Is this just a bunch of :blah: or is there something to it? Another of these vague cultural differences that I might not be fully aware of . . . ?

[quote=“James226”]So what do you guys think? If you are chatting with a woman at a pub/club and she gives you her number, is it better to call her or txt msg. her?

I remember talking to this guy one time and he said never call a Taiwanese girl first time . . . always send a txt and go from there.

Is this just a bunch of :blah: or is there something to it? Another of these vague cultural differences that I might not be fully aware of . . . ?[/quote]

Dont be a pussy, call her ! Girls text you, you call them .

as a taiwanese girl…

personally, I would like text, because it is always hard for me to call back if I see this “missed call,” especially the guy I rarely know from pub/club, I think text is safer to start, and easy to manage, but after texting from a while, it would always be a surprise if this person call back right after I text him.

And there you have it from the horses mouth…err the TW girls mouth. Sounds like a safe bet to start. Me I just call and leave a message on her cell ! Im more aggressive tho.

[quote=“sunnyday”]as a taiwanese girl…

personally, I would like text, because it is always hard for me to call back if I see this “missed call,” especially the guy I rarely know from pub/club, I think text is safer to start, and easy to manage, but after texting from a while, it would always be a surprise if this person call back right after I text him.[/quote]

Do you really want to hear advice from women on what to do? Answer: NO! you don’t!

Texting is for cowards…be a man, call. Make it short and sweet. Set up a next date or something. Don’t chatter like women when you do. Your manly (one hopes) voice, your tone and energy is what they respond to. Texting is for later stages (after sex) for flirting etc.

[quote=“grumpy”][quote=“sunnyday”]as a taiwanese girl…

personally, I would like text, because it is always hard for me to call back if I see this “missed call,” especially the guy I rarely know from pub/club, I think text is safer to start, and easy to manage, but after texting from a while, it would always be a surprise if this person call back right after I text him.[/quote]

Do you really want to hear advice from women on what to do? Answer: NO! you don’t!

Texting is for cowards…be a man, call. Make it short and sweet. Set up a next date or something. Don’t chatter like women when you do. Your manly (one hopes) voice, your tone and energy is what they respond to. Texting is for later stages (after sex) for flirting etc.[/quote]

Wrong answer, oh little one, he’s asking for advice about how to treat women. Wome have insider knowledge, see? Anyway. ‘Txt’. Interrupt my shit with your ridiculous twitter about ‘dates’ at your peril, malekind. Better still, ask face to face and arrange something. You’ll look like a teenage girl either way, dicking around with the Nokia.

And then the problem gets solved with her texting me before I could call her.

Ah, women . . . they’re so cute and helpful sometimes. :slight_smile:

[quote=“James226”]And then the problem gets solved with her texting me before I could call her.

Ah, women . . . they’re so cute and helpful sometimes. :slight_smile:[/quote]

I say give the text first

But looks like you got lucky.

Well, either way texting is the way things seem to be done here in Taiwan. At least at the beginning. Why is this? I believe that it’s this way simply because it’s cheaper than actually calling someone. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah, it’s because men are delicate little flowers who can’t deal with the possibility of hearing ‘Shei?’

Where the fuck is my post on this topic? I could have sworn I posted words of ineffable wisdom regarding the benefits of txt mssg memory but now I can’t remember what they were.

Getting your threads mixed up laddie. Your words of wisdom were in the "Can or Bottle? thread.

I don’t think so. The ones that go out and get girl’s numbers are not the shy ones, but the girls they may be asking out are pretty shy. So it makes sense from a cultural point of view to send a text, and from a monetary point of view to send a text message (1 TW dollar versus several minutes talking on the phone).

Pwned :sunglasses:

Werent you saying chat her up on the phone get dates but when breaking up is hard to do… do it by text message :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Rabidpie”]

Pwned :sunglasses:[/quote]

Only in your world, sweetie.

That’s RIGHT!
U r dmpd. Bye.
Plus she can keep it in her phone memory in case she forgets.

That’s fucking PRIMO advice from the master, right there! The moderator must be a woman or something. That’s the only sane explanation.

[quote=“Buttercup”][quote=“Rabidpie”]

Only in your world, sweetie.[/quote]

hahaha, you are too kind :slight_smile:

[quote=“Rabidpie”][quote=“Buttercup”][quote=“Rabidpie”]

Only in your world, sweetie.[/quote]

hahaha, you are too kind :slight_smile:[/quote]

People say that to me a lot.

[quote=“sandman”]That’s RIGHT! U r dmpd. Bye. Plus she can keep it in her phone memory in case she forgets.

That’s fucking PRIMO advice from the master, right there! The moderator must be a woman or something. That’s the only sane explanation.[/quote]

Hey you make it sound like I have done this often… we didnt even have cell phones way back when and needed to break up. Shit we didnt even have phone money we was so poor.

Damned had to trudge miles in the the bitterest of winters and -8C just to say Hi, can we break up now? so I can get my frozen butt home.

Life is so much easier with text messaging and facebook or myspace or twitter or whatever it is these younguns use today.