Typhoon: 2005 (Part 2)

Click here for Typhoon: 2005 (Part 1)

They’re baaaaaaaaack!

Still a long way to go to but if they’re right we’re gonna get Sunday off… :s

NO! NOT THE 11TH! Isn’t that when The Frying Scotsman is supposed to open?

Great! Typhoon day next Sunday and then the Mid-Autumn Moon Festival the Sunday after that! Woohoo…oh, wait a minute; Sunday’s already a day off…

New typhoon info; tracks more southward, and slightly weaker:

Please, not on a Sunday and certainly not when my wife and child are gone to Europe for a break…

Who will mop otherwise ? :smiling_imp:

[quote=“ceevee369”]Please, not on a Sunday and certainly not when my wife and child are gone to Europe for a break…

Who will mop otherwise ? :smiling_imp:[/quote]

We have a long-haired dog up for adoption – would that do? :smiley:

mmmm… :unamused:
How much water can he contain? Or please do not give him water at least 3 days upfront and than I’ll think about the offer :smiling_imp:

It’s affecting the weather already. Wow.
I want to go to The Wall on Sunday!

September 11? Great. My birthday. F*ck. :fume:

Currently taking bets:

If the typhoon does indeed strike on September 11th and is anything more than a few gusts of wind, how much are you willing to wager that the local media will bill it as “Our 9/11”?

:roll:

I set odds at 3:1

soon-to-be typhoon Khanun

:laughing: Yeah, it could happen here.

BTW, it’s still on track, and has a name now, Khanun
(not sure what that means; sounds just like the Thai word for jackfruit, though):

[quote=“Dragonbones”]
BTW, it’s still on track, and has a name now, Khanun
(not sure what that means; sounds just like the Thai word for jackfruit, though):[/quote]

Maybe it’s so they can talk about The Wrath of Khan(un).

:doh: :laughing:

Not sure which is worse, your joke, or the name “Typhoon Jackfruit”! :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like Khanun is still headed straight our way; the 35-knot wind radius is gonna hit around 6-9am Sunday; I’d say Sat. morn should be good for hiking and so on.

The typhoon is moving at a rate of 16 kilometers per hour with sustained wind speeds at the typhoon’s center of 65 kilometers per hour. Temporary gusts of wind at the eye of the storm were moving up to 100 kilometers per hour.
They said rainy weather was expected from Saturday, particularly for northern and northeastern parts of Taiwan, under the influence of the typhoon.
Typhoon Khanun is the 15th typhoon in the Pacific Ocean this year, the meteorologists said.

Instead of putting up fucking incomprehensible maps, can’t anyone (including the CWB) put up something that people outside of the navy and meteorology circles can read yet not go the other way like the Weather Channel by putting up things like “Wednesday - 80% chance of heavy rain, High - 27 degrees…” making it seem like nothing more than a typical storm? Do you all think you can manage to do something like that?

[quote=“ImaniOU”]Instead of putting up fucking incomprehensible maps, can’t anyone (including the CWB) put up something that people outside of the navy and meteorology circles can read yet not go the other way like the Weather Channel by putting up things like “Wednesday - 80% chance of heavy rain, High - 27 degrees…” making it seem like nothing more than a typical storm? Do you all think you can manage to do something like that?[/quote]I can follow the chart just nicely. Is there something wrong with me?

DON’T Aswer that

I like stats. I need to know stats. I need to know approximate times. I can’t fucking read that map. The same goes for earthquake maps. No wonder I’m not worried when either one of them hit. I have no idea of what magnitude they are because I can’t understand the info sent out by these experts who forget that not everyone can comprehend the gibberish they spew about these natural disasters.