Typhoon 2012

We lost a whole pond (small lake, 60mx60mx1.5m) … all fish, turtles, frogs gone … broken levy.

Typhoon Guchol predicted track has moved AWAY from Taiwan and is now targeting Okinawa.
usno.navy.mil/NOOC/nmfc-ph/R … wp0512.gif

Typhoon Guchol is now at a location about 300nm south of the position that it was predicted “with confidence” 3 days ago to arrive at, having gone completely outside the 90% probabilty track. It is now predicted to be a Category 3 tyhoon as it whizzes past Taiwan.
Certainly, it could crank a hard right and begin tracking to the north at any time, but I wouldn’t trust this thing as far as I could throw it!
usno.navy.mil/NOOC/nmfc-ph/R … wp0512.gif
jma.go.jp/en/typh/12045l.html

True. remember Nari! Always keep checking, don’t assume it wil be OK until it is way past gone. Take precautions anyways because even if the wind skips us, the rain from the outer edges will still get to us and the land is already saturated by previous rains.

It’s raining cat’s and dogs on Linkou Heights.

But we’'ll be ready to save a few of those species before December 21st!

Floods? More fun in Taiwan ! :bravo:

Apologies - but I think it is still on-topic :laughing:

[quote=“ceevee369”]It’s raining cat’s and dogs on Linkou Heights.

But we’'ll be ready to save a few of those species before December 21st!

[/quote]

Can I work on the gathering of animals? They seem to follow me around a lot anyway… :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=SH0YmvNN48g

landslide derailed a Ktown to Taitung TzeChiang train ! Lucky no one hurt. The driver slowed from 90kph to about 40kph when he came out of a tunnel and saw the mud covering the tracks. The first two cars derailed but didnt flip over.

Currently:

Flooded homes and roads in Muzha -Xinhai and Fuxin Road-, Xindian -parts of Anhe road and Bitan- Yonghe -close to Zhongzhen Bridge- Sanxia.

How’s the situation down South/Center?

The really bad news: they say it will rain all week, until next Friday. :astonished:

It’s been at least 95% dry in K-town all day. We were sure it was going to rain any minute, though. It did begin to sprinkle on us just as we were getting home, but just a tiny bit. The sun was out today and it was even way too hot for a while.

Our little pal Typhoon Guchol is now predicted to reach SuperTyphoon status on Sunday. Fortunately, it’s not expected to come anywhere near us.

Dont temp him ! I am sending him another text asking him to head for Okinawa and Korea.

[quote=“tommy525”]

Dont temp him ! I am sending him another text asking him to head for Okinawa and Korea.[/quote]

I guess he’s not listening. Now expected to go on the east side of Okinawa and then have brush with Tokyo.
Surfers in Taiwan should be happy from this one kicking up some nice, but not too big, waves.

:ohreally:

:ohreally:[/quote]

I was referring to the “Korea” part.
Moreover, I wouldn’t go around wishing for anyone to be hit by one of those things.
As a Hualien resident living on the oceanfront who has been hit several times, I can testify to their destructive power. Ever have your roof blown off, or your car flipped upsidedown by one? I have the pictures…
They scare the piss out of me! :astonished:

A year of “Life in Hualien” = 360 days of tranquility and 5 days of sheer terror!

Looks like rain for the next couple of days (although Guchol will be quite a ways away), and then a tropical depression that’s forming in the South China Sea is expected to affect us a few days after that.

Which is great. Because we need more rain. Sarcasm

Yea not wishing a foon on anyone for sure ! but honestly you dont suppose he pays any attention to text messages do ya? An email maybe. But taiwan has been bashed enough currently with the shakes and the already very substantial rainfall these few days. Share the rain here.

A year of “Life in Hualian” = 360 days of tranquility and 5 days of sheer terror![/quote]

Sounds like a good excuse to spend 5 days or so per year in Taichung! The mountains protect us pretty well :slight_smile:

I was referring to the “Korea” part.
Moreover, I wouldn’t go around wishing for anyone to be hit by one of those things.
As a Hualian resident living on the oceanfront who has been hit several times, I can testify to their destructive power. Ever have your roof blown off, or your car flipped upsidedown by one? I have the pictures…
They scare the piss out of me! :astonished:

A year of “Life in Hualian” = 360 days of tranquility and 5 days of sheer terror![/quote]

Do share the pictures. :astonished:

Sunny, calm, blue skies.