Typhoon 2012

An entire day without rain in Taidong!

One of my wife’s friends, who I’ve known for 20 years, asked her if I was using skin-whitening cream to look young- no, fish-belly white is the natural colour I revert after three months without a day of sunshine.

Hunker down and ride it out. In 24-36 hours, you’ll be in the clear again!
Thus far, Talim isn’t posing a wind threat to Taiwan, just heavy rains… AGAIN!
jma.go.jp/en/typh/[/quote]

Cheers. Not looking forward to more rains in Taiwan though. My apartment leaked a bit in the rain last weekend (first time it’s actually leaked since I’ve lived there – the rain was just too much).

[quote=“MikeN”]An entire day without rain in Taidong!

One of my wife’s friends, who I’ve known for 20 years, asked her if I was using skin-whitening cream to look young- no, fish-belly white is the natural colour I revert after three months without a day of sunshine.[/quote]
I not only glow in the dark to light my way at night and have to wear sunglasses when I shower, but also…
having been raised in Seattle,
I came equipped with webbed feet! Quack! Quack! :laughing:

what do you guys think about the 'phoon comming in from the West. TVBS seem to be keen on indicating it will effect Taichung. I think it’s called TVBS for a reason.

https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=24.18000031&lon=120.65000153&zoom=8&pin=Taichung%2c%20Taiwan&rad.type=00Q

The CWB’s track has it making landfall somewhere in central Taiwan, so yes, that would probably affect Taichung.

With two storms, i’m surprised the topic of a Fujiwhara effect hasn’t come up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fujiwhara_effect

[quote=“petrarch1603”]With two storms, I’m surprised the topic of a Fujiwhara effect hasn’t come up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fujiwhara_effect[/quote]

A few years back (2009?), there was a pair of systems that experienced the Fujiwhara effect somewhere between Yap Is. and Taiwan. Fascinating to watch as one system swallowed the other. We’ve also had a pair of typhoons hit back to back within 3 days time.

Yo, 風水 guys, we GET it!

Typhoon wind=bad news
Typhoon rain=bad news

this is a great thread for helping some of us noobs navigate on how to stay updated, no need for the pissing contest

The link to JTWS that helps bypass the old web connect restriction is:
usno.navy.mil/JTWC/

Can’t get the JTWS to open. Rats.

News comparing Talim to Nari. We do not want to think about that. :frowning:

Wunderground also has the text from JTWC under the “Discussion” heading.
Example:
english.wunderground.com/tropica … 01206.html
english.wunderground.com/tropica … .disc.html

To those on the west coast, be grateful this one won’t affect you like the last “Typhoon Talim” affected the east coast:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoon_Talim_(2005
It was my present for my first birthday in Hualien Taiwan. hahaha

Guchol is on its way to the main islands of Japan.
I wonder if Rotalsnart has made it back from Okinawa to Taiwan…

The Central Weather Bureau is forecasting that this typhoon has the potential to bring rainfall of between 1200 and 1500 mm.

If it reaches the upper end of that forecast, it will be one of ten wettest typhoons on record here.

Yep, the news were using the image of two open faucets to illustrate their point. They say it is like standing under a waterfall… and show shots of Niagara falls… :astonished: :loco: :runaway:

Is the ark finished yet? I have some animals here waiting to go aboard…
This time around, I move that we leave the cockroaches behind and let them fend for themselves. Do I hear a second?

Time to buy life jackets!

[quote=“TaiwanTeacher”]Is the ark finished yet? I have some animals here waiting to go aboard…
This time around, I move that we leave the cockroaches behind and let them fend for themselves. Do I hear a second?[/quote]
This is only a flood, not a nuclear holocaust. they’ll be fine.

Guys, keep an eye on the news. Apparently, they want to decide earlier if tomorrow will be a typhoon day off.

Excellent :slight_smile:

[quote=“TaiwanTeacher”]Is the ark finished yet? I have some animals here waiting to go aboard…
This time around, I move that we leave the cockroaches behind and let them fend for themselves. Do I hear a second?[/quote]

But if all the buxiban loabans are left behind and die, we will be out of a job. :smiley:

[quote=“bigduke6”][quote=“TaiwanTeacher”]Is the ark finished yet? I have some animals here waiting to go aboard…

But if all the buxiban loabans are left behind and die, we will be out of a job. :smiley:[/quote]

Nonsense. You can then start charging the parents by headcounts (if they survive) :discodance: