Typhoon in December?

I’ve lived here 18 years and have never seen a Typhoon strike Taiwan in December…

Check this out:

npmoc.navy.mil/jtwc/warnings/wp3004sa.gif

Anyone else remember one hitting us this late in the year?

[quote=“MJB”]
Anyone else remember one hitting us this late in the year?[/quote]Not on record. A few in November though.
Is this officially the end of the world now? :wink:

Not the end of the world, but probably yet another indication of global warming and its effects.

What? For real?
Everything times out when I try to open the piccie.

[quote=“hsiadogah”][quote=“MJB”]
Anyone else remember one hitting us this late in the year?[/quote]Not on record. A few in November though.
Is this officially the end of the world now? :wink:[/quote]

Not the end of the world but large Typhoon hitting large cold front over the mountains of Taiwan can’t be a good thing…

I don’t give a damn if its the first one to hit in December. I do however show concern about the fact that as usual, it is scheduled for the weekend where it will undoubtedly interfere with my weekly motorcycle pleasure ride.

You will just have to ride something else for pleasure.

saw on the news last december typhoon was 40 years ago…

I sure hope it won’t interfere with Saturday plans :fume: :astonished:

Well, this must end up being the longest typhoon season on record… when was the first… may?

[quote=“Mr He”]Well, this must end up being the longest typhoon season on record… when was the first… may?[/quote]First to affect us this year was Conson, in early June. Last year was a long season, the first one coming in April (Kujira) and the last (Melor) in November.

:bravo: :fume: … well said that man… always on the goddam weekend…

but then again after the state that the roads have been in recently here in central TW we need something to wash to layer of dirt off the road surfaces… there’s already been about 4 hero’s on bikes they can’t control low siding on the dirt in the past few weeks… :noway:

Must have been due to global cooling.

Looks like Saturday and Sunday according to the Central Weather Bureau.

Projected path here:

cwb.gov.tw/V4e/index.htm

under typhoon.

CK

I think this might have been discussed before but how the hell do they know that it’s going to make a right turn like that and hit Taiwan? Also, I now live three minutes away from the Tavern. Will that place be open???

I’m thinking (and this is just a guess), that there is a cold front sitting there off the coast of China (or low pressure, or something like that …), so when the typhoon hits that, it will force it to turn.

According to the latest projected path by the U.S. Navy’s Joint Typhoon Warning Center, it’s going to turn later and make a more direct hit on Taiwan. Acccording to the news, it’s done quite a number on the Phillipines. Hopefully it’s interaction with land will have weakened it and it won’t be too bad. In fact, right now CNN is just saying that it has weakened, and it is moving quickly (46 km/h) which is good, meaning it will come and go fast.

Science.

Science.[/quote]

Chicken bones.

Science.[/quote]

Chicken bones.[/quote]

Turn signals.

Science.[/quote]

Chicken bones.[/quote]

Turn signals.[/quote]

At least the typhoons use 'em.