Typhoon Photo Thread

I haven’t taken any pictures yet but will. Figure this could serve as a reminder to anyone that might be able to get some cool shots of something (I’m in Yong He, don’t think they’ll be much coolness here).

I’m going to try to take some during shots and definitely some after shots, and post the ones I think are the best.

I think some of you should od the same. :wink:

I’m too lazy to go out and take a picture, but here’s a screenshot from the webcam across the road from Hsinchu station:

The sun is shining, the streets are dry and buzzing with traffic… typhoon, eh? :s

I just got in from my first run. Pictures and movie coming. It looked like harder winds an stuff must have been last night (some knocked out signs and stuff). I had the most fun near the river :smiley:.

Still doesn’t look like much happend (yet…)

This one doesn’t seem nearly as dramatic as last year’s typhoon.

I posted this site earlier in the typhoon, ma thread. He now has a photo or two up from Hualian.

Did I get into the wrong category or what, why I didn’t see the pictures of Hualian? :help:

I might be a little slow with the photos, but here’s some video I took near the ZhongZheng bridge. It’s 13 megs, so you’ll want to right click and do a save as.

blog.miltownkid.com/video/typhoon.avi

It looks like it got a little screwed up when I was trying to edit it, but whatever. You get what you pay for. It should be playable across all systems.

Sweetness. Rambocam :laughing:

Did I get into the wrong category or what, why I didn’t see the pictures of Hualian? :help:[/quote]

Scroll down EDIT - there are only two at the moment on the main page

Ok. I tried to go out again, as it wasn’t raining much. But the wind was still too strong and made the odd drops of rain hit me like little stones. Anyway, I’d need to tie a refridgerator on my back to stay put with this wind.
I took a few photos though. If they’re any good, I’ll post them later.

Edit: Sorry, guys, the photos are shite. We don’t have any trees or loose tin roofs dangling in the air. The wind is incredible but you can’t just see it on the photo. I risked with my life for nothing :frowning:

[quote=“miltownkid”]I might be a little slow with the photos, but here’s some video I took near the ZhongZheng bridge. It’s 13 megs, so you’ll want to right click and do a save as.

blog.miltownkid.com/video/typhoon.avi

It looks like it got a little screwed up when I was trying to edit it, but whatever. You get what you pay for. It should be playable across all systems.[/quote]

No break dancing? :fume:

OH! Busted!

I’ll be sure to have some in my next online adventure miltownkid vs. Taibei night life

Ha thanks! Didn’t notice that I could just scroll down to see the pics. :blush:

Miltownkid, nice video! How did you get Burt and Ernie to do the commentary?

Thanks, Miltown, that was entertaining. I like that kind of vidlet and have done severalmyself with my little camera.

I haven’t taken any pictures of the typhoon because, basically, I haven’t seen anything interesting yet.

Here are some pics I took from the aftermath of the typhoon. The pictures can be found by clicking HERE!

Miltownkid fall down, go boom.
Miltownman is born!
Whoa man, I just checked out your friend Adoa’s vlog done during the typhoon, and you’re looking pretty buff in that last photo.
Cool video, yours too. Actually that little hilly ramp stretch under the bridge is exactly the little hilly ramp stretch I went down on while skating last Sunday. Ah, memories…

Pretty sure the eye is over us here in Yangmei right now…

Some pics from the “eye” of the storm:

The first one is looking North from Yangmei toward Taipei, and the second is looking from the western side of my neighborhood toward the east.

[quote=“twonavels”]Miltownkid fall down, go boom.
Miltownman is born!
Whoa man, I just checked out your friend Adoa’s vlog done during the typhoon, and you’re looking pretty buff in that last photo.[/quote]
I just looked and didn’t see no photo. I was thinking about chaning my name to miltownman when I turned 25, but it didn’t seem right just yet…

Yeah, there wasn’t much to shoot when I went out either (besides the river, which probably floods all the time). Was still a good time though :smiley:

Whoa, beautiful shots, MJB.

:bravo:

Very nice photos.