Typhoons 2018

For GFS and ECMWF it will come very close to Taiwan, but other models forecast it fairly far from us.

Seems we will not know until Wednesday, whether it will turn away from us or hit us dead on.

They’ve all been turning to Japan. Not concerned.

That’s what MacArthur said…

1 Like

Meanwhile Japan is getting way too much wind and rain.

IMG_20180930_224355

The JTWC track is trending closer

Hey! we finally got power back after 2 days. It’s weird living without AC, internet, refrigerators, shops, water, lights, elevators… going camping is much easier than trying that out at home.

4 Likes

As per Windyty, Friday or Saturday it will be the closest. So best case scenario, there goes the weekend…again.
Will look for that meme of “thsi country does not like typhoons that come on weekends”

So much for Denny’s campaign promise to keep the lights on…

FTFY

What’s FTFY?

Fixed that for you.

I sail most weekends, but also surf, kayak, dive. That’s what you do in Okinawa. Hence the settings in knots. (for km/h, double it to get approximate values (1 knot = 1.9 km)

A quote from one of the weather pages I use (Windy is the other main one):

" Check the wind forecast for Okinawa / Torii Station Beach when you want to find the best last minute travel destination for your kiteboarding, windsurfing or sailing vacation in Japan.

Units Our default units are knots and degrees Celsius. These are often used by sailors, kiters, surfers, windsurfers or paragliders. You can change units on our settings page."

I’m still working out degrees Celsius by doubling it and adding 30 , then taking a couple of degrees away to get to Fahrenheit :pensive:

1 Like

Really? I always thought it was “Fixed That. F★ck You!”…

3 Likes

Saturday wasn’t too bad in Xindian and Sunday was a fantastic day, have no problem if next weekend turns out the same, in fact I hope it does!

last saturday was windy but enjoyable, sunday was just great. I’ll get weekends like that one any time.

Now gfs and ecmwf show a forecast more similar to other models, with the typhoon dodging Taiwan and steering north, between us and Japan.

It’s a pretty neat typhoon, developed into a high cat 4 / barely cat 5 storm and it may not be it’s peak yet.

In before what if it turns.

Maybe @Icon can go to 11 once more to make sure it stays away.

2 Likes