Typhoons 2018

Yeah, don’t know why so shallow now. I used to swim after I woke. Today, I just waded in and had to walk way out there before I could swim.

It doesn’t exactly seem surprising :slight_smile:

Last Sunday there were some big waves in the North coast. You could even tell from YangMingShan.

Jinshan:

IMG_20181002_194405

3 Likes

FUCK, NOW THEY NOW THIS THREAD IS JUST ME STEALING MY GIRLFRIEND’S FORECAST.

SHUT IT DOWN.

1 Like

Hmmm still too close for comfort. Might still bring some heavy rain.

I’ll have a cycling trip Saturday, hopefully there will be some fresh wind like today. And a bit of rain tomorrow would be ideal, so that all spiders will go back to their nests Saturday and allow me to take some cute photos.

Yay! University closed today at noon, possible all day off tomorrow (can’t see why not) followed by weekend and a Monday public holiday!

4 1/2 day weekend!

of course, everything will be closed, and stores out of stock for a month. Guess i’ll be eating a lot of canned foods and noodles.

1 Like

Did you ever lose any windows last week? Does your neighborhood still look like a war zone?

Nothing worse than days off due to a warm weather event like a hurricane. Snow days are great, though.

looks like it imploded; it followed the path of typhoon Trami too closely and the cold water has weakened it a lot. Waiting for recons, it may be a very weak typhoon now, if not a tropical storm.

Maybe I should invite you to my kitchen, plenty of spiders there to take photos of.

Fortunately, my windows survived intact (2m by 2m by 3 of them … it would have been carnage). We did lose 2/3 of the perspex windows that protect the stairwells, but no biggie.

Neighbours lost roofs and a garage door.

85 y.o. taken to hospital at peak of the storm from flying debris.

Most of the island still looks pretty bad, with clean up barely half-way, and another storm rolling in. Not as serious as the last, thankfully.

Where do you live?

Yomitan, near Cape Zanpa. It sticks out off the west coast of Okinawa, so it’s very exposed.

beautiful place, though. I’m surrounded by rural properties, mostly sugarcane, and 200 degree sea views south, west, and north. I’m not in a hurry to move…

2 Likes

Ze envy is real

Interesting.

2 Likes

That’s amazing.

I hate hurricanes. I would have been watching those windows bow into and out of the room all night, worried sick, no doubt. My poor sphincter would have done some serious overtime seizing up.

I hope the elderly person came through all right. Best of luck through November.

Yet our reservoirs are at peak level. Odd too

This wasn’t a dry year, heavy rain at times.

I remember an “”“expert”"" sometime earlier this summer who warned everyone of the impending doom caused by the lack of water, and someone even claimed that YILAN might have had water issues (this was when on my daily rides outside I could see every water channel and rice field filled with water).
Not long after those statements, we had absurd rain the South and a week with nearly 1m of rain in the North.

Most importantly, he’s only 1.7 klicks away from a Popeye’s!!

https://aafesprem.imenu360.com/555