Typhoons 2018

US Military personnel only. That ain’t me…

Off topic but since you’ve been there so long, you can get or already have PR right?

Theoretically, couldn’t you order online, and then wait at the gate of the base for the delivery guy?

The website doesn’t may military only, they say military gets 10% discount!

OK then, smartie pants. And how do i get on the base? I’m not military, nor a military contractor, nor an authorised on-base taxi driver, nor a member of emergency services, nor a base-access civilian contractor, nor a bird.

I could perhaps do as Dr Milker says, and order online, but then I’d have to go change money to pay in USD. and stuff.

PR does not get US military base access. PR gets Japan access without renewing a visa…

We had this discussion many years ago.
In addition to Popeye’s, they had, at least then, an Applebee’s and a couple other installations on the base(s) representing the finest in American franchise dining.
One esteemed senior member here, a retired jarhead, opined that, in the old days, a guy (especially a white guy) could just walk onto the base and if he looked like he knew what he doing, probably wouldn’t be challenged.
Post 9/11, however, he advised, things had tightened up quite a bit.
His best advice, if one really needed to get that New Orleans Kitchen fix, would be to befriend a Marine at one of the many off-base watering holes, and they would then be able to sign one in.

Not long after that, the Popeye’s in the Honkers airport opened up, so the Okinawa location lost much of its cachet as the sole Asian outpost.

2 Likes

I meant for no visa living in Japan
I heard getting pr there is much harder than taiwan

you’re a smart man.

According to the “”“experts”“” wasn’t it today that we were supposed to face the devastating effects of this typhoon’s proximity? The shit above our head is blue, yo

Tropical storm YUTU looks like its going to grow into a monster, still too far out to tell where it will be going.

yn07NxT

Er… what are the chances of having a typhoon coming in the next weeks?

Getting pretty late. Small.

nothing on the radar?

Well there’s this one but as you can see initial forecasts have it coming nowhere near us. Anything could happen though

Underneath a literal satellite image of a storm system, you ask “nothing on the radar”? :cry:

1 Like

Right. Well, that one was steering off our way, right? I mean any other new formation that can fuck up your outdoor plans.

Aaaaaand that’s not a satellite image.

How dare you…

At least it won´t hit Japan.

Update on YUTU.