Typhoons 2019?

I generally wander out in typhoons but this is bad. Huge gusts. Trees bending sideways. Rain comes and goes and it appears calm for a bit then comes back up again.

1 Like

Looking out my window in Sanxia I can see for miles…even can see 101 in the distance. It’s just a drizzle of rain with light gusts of wind.

Earlier today, it wasn’t even raining.

Trees are not bending or being uprooted, roads are not flooded, visibility is even good for miles.

Sure, it’s a typhoon…but a weak one. In my neck of the woods, it’s a non-event.

Huh. That’s an odd ‘phoon.
I’m usually fine going out a bit, but this one had me thinking better of it.

TW has more serious typhhon than HK snd people come from greater distances and riding motorbike

1 Like

Ah, YOU are that other foreigner in neihu! But you must be living in a fancier part, where they have trees.

1 Like

I’m not happy. Bullshit days like this cost me 20-30K. Anyone with half a brain could see we were only getting nicked by the periphery. Just a normal rain storm. Just the news sensationalizing and government officials pandering to lazy ass Taiwanese for their votes.

Would be nice if they would give 王明仁 funding and take his advice seriously.

They should just do it like Hong Kong. Send people home a couple of hours before it comes and let them come back as soon as it’s over.

what industry you in that gives you 20-30k a day?
Where’s the signup sheet (or are you an English bushiban owner)?

1 Like

Sure, but this typhoon is super lame and there is no need to skip work if you live in the taipei basin. It doesn’t seem to make any sense to me that all of new taipei is treated the same. I wouldnt be surprised if this was far more violent in e.g. danshui than in xindien.

Just a small private business.

you can admit you’re a food stand laoban, zero shame and all tax-free :slight_smile:

No shame but no need for unwanted attention. Why stop a charging bull? :slight_smile:

TBH most local people I know do not cook but rather eat out. So, no, no food at home.

Also, you need snacks if you are going to be watching tv/playing video games/browsing the Internet or most indoor activities.

1 Like

Have a look on tv at the wind in Yangmingshan. Wumao does not look pretty. Trees down in Taichung. Another tour bus overturned. And many traffic accidents in the rain.

BTW, rain and wind will get worse later in the evening. It won’t get better until tomorrow. It ain’t over.

1 Like

At my house is the opposite. I cut the apples and carrot sticks and make healthy snacks like sugar free whole wheat bread with natural nut butters for everyone and the Ama gives them the junk food. :frowning:

That tree in Taichung had to have been diseased or damaged already. Shouldn’t have parked on the red line though.

Radar shows the storm is done. Should have just started work at noon worst case.
https://himawari8.nict.go.jp/

There was more than one tree. The one I mean is the 50 meter one that fortunately fell towards the park and not the households and missed the people and the Earth God temple.

Didn’t see that one. But I do see this every time a typhoon comes and it drives me crazy. Nothing like being forty years behind in science in a math and science centered nation.

Don’t tape windows.

Yeah, never tape windows. People in Taiwan often do things without knowing why they do them. Like wearing face masks when hiking.

1 Like

So, is everything closed? I would think restaurants would make a killing on a day like this. Does the government not allow people to work?