Typhoons 2021

The swan boats are flying in Bitan. Poor lads doing the flood prevention works will have a bit of a clean up to do.

From this

To this!

5 Likes

Ugh, the local 7/11 and Family Mart were packed when I went out. I was hoping this pseudo typhoon would keep people from going out and suppress spread of COVID, but maybe it’ll create a bunch of mini spreader events in convenience store lines.

2 Likes

Do as I say but not as I do type of thing?

1 Like

I actually didn’t go into either place when I saw the lines through the windows… so… nice try, but no dice.

A motto for times like this: keep walking.

Guy

The lads will have to find their machinery first… Where are the swan boats?!

Where are the swan boats?

Perhaps somewhere near the mouth of the Danshui River by now . . .

Guy

Large crane taking them out earlier, way too late so maybe some of them are making their way off shore by now!

Out that way to Tamsui or Yilan?

Dunno which way the Xindian driver drains…

Tamsui!

You would need some serious uphill flow of water to get from Bitan to Yilan! :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Any updates down south? How are you guys

Not a big deal in Taiwan :wink:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g13806477-d6974398-Reviews-Water_Running_Up-Donghe_Taitung.html

1 Like

Has the typhoon been and gone in Taipei now? I noticed it was raining quite heavily earlier.

Typhoon is arriving at Southern Taiwan

4 Likes

Still just a drizzle here in Hengchun @ 7:54pm…

1 Like

It is nowhere near Taipei yet - only now is it starting to affect southern Taiwan.

Do you know what time it’s due to hit Taipei? I should probably remove the trees from my roof

1 Like

If you don’t feel like it, the typhoon probably could do it for you.

7 Likes

I just really wonder which typhoon is all of this buzz about?
THIS is typhoon, not that minor storm passing by.

1 Like