Typhoons 2021

I have no idea how many times in all the years in Taiwan I’ve seen unconnected and exposed wires, anyways, many public electric connections are not up to code. Lantern poles with open and exposed wires etc. Wires appearing just out of the road or sidewalk dangling around.

My wife always comments about youtube videos or news reports about Taiwan.

Wife: Why do they always go to the places with old buildings that have iron roofs? Not all of Taiwan is like that.

Me:…,em…where should they go?

Wife: Xinyi

Me…don’t say it. don’t say it. …YES, I AGREE.

Happy wife, happy life.

13 Likes

You sir have sold your soul. :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

You’re not selling this marriage thing very well.

3 Likes

You can’t fight every battle!

Loving Xinyi however seems to take things a bit too far.

You’d have to wonder what other lies are being told. :neutral_face:

Guy

If Taiwanese don’t like the corrugated sheet metal, tear it down and lobby MPs and councillors to ban it.

1 Like

Ha, you are principled about your neighborhoods and districts I see! That’s where you make your stand, OK, I respect that.

It’s always better to be honest about such things. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

You aren’t married, are you?

2 Likes

Now that you mention it, it does seem I am quite adept at sabotaging things like that.

Guy

You’re right though, honesty is always the best policy. But sometimes it’s just better to keep your mouth shut!

2 Likes

Uhm? Yeah Taiwan is like that, most of our neighborhood has an extension/extra level on their house built with and covered by corrugated steel roofing, in many colors.

When would they announce if we have the day off? I guess it’s a bit late? :sob:

Usually it’s announced the evening before (with very occasional mid-morning “Everyone go home NOW!” alerts), but hasn’t the typhoon swung well away from us by now?

Here’s the site where things used to be announced, and perhaps still are:
https://www.dgpa.gov.tw/typh/daily/ndse.html

1 Like

It is moving very slow, it looks like it will pass near the north on Saturday. (Slow moving storm is not good). It still has not made its turn north yet but map below is showing it will.

圖片

1 Like

It’s actually going south.

1 Like

That would be . . . not great.

Guy

Well, I guess it’s bound to head north at some point, but when and how north?

1 Like

Please God, can we keep it? We promise to take good care of our new pet and look! It protects us from China!

6 Likes