Typhoons 2021

Plenty of rain overnight in Danshui. Pouring down right now.

I’m in Hualien. I left late afternoon yesterday (Friday). Overcast here but no rain. I guess I got out just in time.

1 Like

So you ran away from the rain and now wait there for the next Earthquake.

5 Likes

Typhoon In-Fa has brought some lovely temps to Taipei. Woke to a nice cool morning today. Nice break from the baking heat we’ve had lately.

5 Likes

These are probably the coolest temperatures I’ve felt in Taipei for months. It’s great!

Guy

7 Likes

Its a shock to step into the shower and find that the water is actually quite cool too. So far I have resisted moving the tap from the coldest setting though.

3 Likes

And enjoy it while it lasts. Forecast high tomorrow is 36/97 and more coming next week.

Who does that in the middle of typhoon season?

Most mornings are cool. Like around 6:00 -6:30AM

Lots of us. We miss the old days when typhoons were typhoons and men were scared.

5 Likes

They used to do ‘river projects’ before typhoon season, not in the middle. But yeah, we haven’t had a serious typhoon the last couple of years so just do it now, we won’t have one this year.

It’s a multi year project so will see a few typhoon seasons, project management so far actually looks exceptionally good.

Are we done yet?

1 Like

Anyone notice any flooding or anything or high water in the rivers?

Maybe?

2 Likes

Yes.

Thus endeth another Taiwan Typhoon.

A Thankfully mild one that still supplied some rain water.

2 Likes

Reservoir levels at present - but note that this wouldn’t even include most of the rain from the past couple of days.

Source:

3 Likes

What, is “Grandpa Shop” reservoir shut down for the duration? Get moving, grandpa! You slacker!

3 Likes

Daan Park in Taipei is full of people exercise,s run, huge groups of people doing chi gong .

1 Like

That one also caught my eye.

Guy

1 Like