Typoon 2006 new

That depends – what’s the English?

That depends – what’s the English?[/quote]

Something like “chicken grandma” or so. You know, if somebody is just doing to much.

It started raining and being a bit windy just an hour ago.

Am I hit by a typhoon???

It was only a wisp-by, probably exadurated (sp?) by the alcohol in my blood - caused by the unlikely event of “un-named-brother” and fathers day on the same day.

It is calm now here up north, but how are you southerners doing? It looks like it is going to be a bit naughty in the Kaoshiung area…

That depends – what’s the English?[/quote]

Something like “chicken grandma” or so. You know, if somebody is just doing to much.[/quote]

雞婆 ji1 po2

I couldn’t recognize your original transliteration, sorry! :stuck_out_tongue:

35% chance of a Thursday off? Stay tuned…

[quote=“Dragonbones”]35% chance of a Thursday off? Stay tuned…

[/quote]

Friday would be better for me as I don’t get Taiphoon pay at my job. Can anyone pass that message along to the taiphoon? Thanks

Dragonbones, I cannot see the graphic you posted… so, in case others cannot, here is another attempt:

Thats the wrong end of the island. Here’s the real deal…

[quote]網頁找不到!
您欲瀏覽的網頁已被移除,請您連結到
中央氣象局全球資訊網首頁 cwb.gov.tw
尋找您所需的資訊![/quote]

The southern typhoon has passed us by.

For those of you who use Google Earth, there’s a really useful tool here:
gearthblog.com/blog/archives … torms.html
It tracks all typhoons and updates itself automatically with plenty of info …

[quote=“david”]For those of you who use Google Earth, there’s a really useful tool here:
gearthblog.com/blog/archives … torms.html[/quote]

Excellent link, david. That is a very cool set of tools there, and one more reason why Google Earth is so great. Dragonbones - you’ll be wanting to check this out asap - more power to your amateur forecasting!

[quote=“Tigerman”]Dragonbones, I cannot see the graphic you posted… so, in case others cannot, here is another attempt:

[/quote]

That’s funny, I can’t see yours but I can see mine.
Here’s a screencap of it, btw (non-updating)

As you can see, mine is bigger than yours. :wink:

They’re calling for strong winds with this one… possibility of a day off tomorrow:

Non-updating screencap above; the storm has shifted slightly north. Looks like work as usual tomorrow. :frowning:

Just announced Taipei and Taoyuen both work tomorrow… I think we’re in for a wet morning… :frowning:

Just in the news here (FTV). Taipei, Taoyuan, Hsinchu and Miaoli have a free day tommorow.

I thought I heard Taoyuan and Yilan are on for tomorrow. Not Taoyuan and Taipei…?

Nah they’ll not give the day off for that. It’ll just be really miserable and more dangerous than usual on the way to work tomorrow. I think a taxi will be the order of the day.

:s
Definitely no day off for Taipei…I flicked over to the local news just as the words “Taibei Shi ming shang ban shang ke” flashed across the screen. This was on Channel 52 a few minutes ago.

:s
Definitely no day off for Taipei…I flicked over to the local news just as the words “Taibei Shi ming shang ban shang ke” flashed across the screen. This was on Channel 52 a few minutes ago.[/quote]

errrm… WHY!!?