Tyson Vs Wilder II

Saved by the bell

Lame. Expected a better show.

SugarHill Steward made Fury an even better boxer. Impressive, dominating performance.

1 Like

Not sure we need to see that fight again, but unfortunately we probably we get that fight because Wilder will be too proud not to trigger the rematch clause. Will be interesting to watch Adam Kownacki in a few days. I donā€™t think heā€™s ready to fight Fury quite yet, but down the road it might be a good fight. Actually, Iā€™d love to see Kownacki fight Wilder.

1 Like

Deontay will improve after this fight. His corner was useless. Although we will have to see if his health is ok, that was a savage beat down.

1 Like

Just brutalā€¦if he doesnā€™t change Iā€™m not watching the rematch. They seem totally inept.

1 Like

Ouchā€¦

5 Likes

Yes, he needs a change and start working on that jab. He already has more than enough power.I would like to see him and Dillian Whyte go at it.

1 Like

The pre-fight shenanigans were even worse.

Jesus. This match and the one with Ortiz had some really great photos.

1 Like

My guess was totally off. It was just a guess though. I havenā€™t watched a boxing match since Iron Mike.

1 Like

It was not a bad guess at all. There was always a chance he would land up until he got his ear drum damaged. I was supporting Fury but still think Wilder will regain his crown with better trainers and presuming he physically and mentally recovers.
Wilder is fun to watch too

Sometimes boxers can be difficult to train, Andy Ruiz for example, but I agree that the Jay Deas backstory is a bit unusual.

1 Like

Uhā€¦

2 Likes

Supposedly, Wilder doesnā€™t listen to his corner. They were right to throw in the towel, but that busted eardrum went way too long without a doctorā€™s consult. After that right to the side (NOT back) of the head, it was hard to watch. Fury punching, clinching (repeat). TKO, but if it went on like that much longer, a KO might have been a career-ender. American Pie!?!

1 Like

The guy must be trolling, no one is that dumb.

2 Likes

Heā€™s a white dude, isnā€™t he?

Iā€™m not so sure to what extent fighters are able to listen to their corner. One minute to recover from concussion and take on board advice to ā€œgo downstairs!ā€.

His trainer says that he disagreed with throwing in the towel. That says more about Deas to me.

The thrown towel may have saved his career. Constant warnings to back up on Fury may, or may not, have given him a chance. Doubtful post ear pounding. But, they were sticking to the script.

To be a good trainer you need to have boxed at some level. Deas hasnā€™t and I think it shows.