U.S. GIs Hit Rumsfeld With Hard Questions

A day earlier, ([b]Rumsfeld) had called it

The question needed to be asked so who gives a shit HOW it was done. Bumsfeld caught on the back foot and Bushit camp whinges about ‘journalistic integrity’. Bollocks. Good on the journo and good on the Sgt. and GI for having the balls to go along with it. [/quote]
What are you talking about, Broon********? The Bush administration has commented several times that it was a valid and good question.

However, it should also be noted that the question was being asked in [color=red]Kuwait[/color] by a soldier who had never been deployed to [color=red]Iraq[/color] in a unit which has not been deployed to [color=red]Iraq[/color], prompted by a “reporter” who has also not beein in [color=red]Iraq[/color].

opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110006012

democracy-project.com/archives/000902.html

And as far as the actual problem, if you folks had been following the debate on this whole kerfuffle, HMMVs were never intended as armored transports; they are unarmored “Jeep” equivalents, intended for transport in relatively save environments. For convoys through known-dangerous territory, the troops are using APCs.

One good solution to all of this would be to end all entitlement spending, e.g., WIC, “AmericaCorps”, the NEA/NEH, and all the other feel-good garbage programs, and to dump all of the money that they consume into military spending. :smiling_imp:

MaPoSquid wrote [quote]However, it should also be noted that the question was being asked in [color=red]Kuwait[/color] by a soldier who had never been deployed to [color=red]Iraq[/color] in a unit which has not been deployed to [color=red]Iraq[/color], prompted by a “reporter” who has also not beein in [color=red]Iraq[/color].[/quote]

Squid, you have no idea whether Wilson or the reporter has ever been to Iraq. The questions were asked in Kuwait but except for some comments from the blogger McClay,(who the hell is McClay anyway and why should anyone believe anything he writes?), I haven’t read any personal information about Wilson’s background, nor the reporter. So, how you can you be so confident you are correct?

MopoSquid wrote

Yeah!!! To hell with anything else in the US. All that matters is that all the money is spent on this Iraq debacle! Iraq is all that matters. :noway: Well, at least you’re in Taiwan and won’t have to suffer the economic misfortune that many Americans will surely face as this war drags on. It’s easy to see how much you love America. :unamused:

Squid, you have no idea whether Wilson or the reporter has ever been to Iraq. The questions were asked in Kuwait but except for some comments from the blogger McClay,(who the hell is McClay anyway and why should anyone believe anything he writes?), I haven’t read any personal information about Wilson’s background, nor the reporter. So, how you can you be so confident you are correct?[/quote]
Actually I do have some idea whether Wilson or the reporter has ever been to Iraq, because the WSJ, McClay, and other sources have said the same thing.

Unless you have some evidence to contradict this, ****** off.

I thought that would get some whining from the leftist fruitbats out there. It just goes to show where your priorities lie – better to give a bigger welfare check to some cow on her fifth “check baby” than to buy armor for our troops in harm’s way. I expect you to donate (heavily!) to adoptasniper.com/ as penance.

"In contrast to the upbeat Pentagon assessment, the House Armed Services Committee reported that only about 1,100 medium and heavy U.S. military trucks out of about 9,000 in the Iraq and Afghanistan regions have proper protection for their cabs.

Somebody needs to read or re-read the forum guidelines, notably rules no. 8 and 17.

Carry on…

:unamused:

Troll.

Squid,

One program you have suggested should be done away with in order to dump more money into that endless pit known as Iraq is WIC.
Do you have any idea what the money for WIC is used for?

WIC
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children - better known as the WIC Program - serves to safeguard the health of low-income women, infants, & children up to age 5 who are at nutritional risk by providing nutritious foods to supplement diets, information on healthy eating, and referrals to health care.

Population Served:
The WIC target population are low-income, nutritionally at risk:

Pregnant women (through pregnancy and up to 6 weeks after birth or after pregnancy ends).
Breastfeeding women (up to infant

[quote=“cableguy”]Squid,

One program you have suggested should be done away with in order to dump more money into that endless pit known as Iraq is WIC.
Do you have any idea what the money for WIC is used for?

WIC
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children - better known as the WIC Program - serves to safeguard the health of low-income women, infants, & children up to age 5 who are at nutritional risk by providing nutritious foods to supplement diets, information on healthy eating, and referrals to health care.

Population Served:
The WIC target population are low-income, nutritionally at risk:

Pregnant women (through pregnancy and up to 6 weeks after birth or after pregnancy ends).
Breastfeeding women (up to infant

Read in Time today that the army has announced it will beef up production of armored humvees. Looks like the squeaky wheel gets the grease. And that my friends is the true lesson of all this.

Flipper, ordinary reporters cannot get access to people like Rumsfled to ask the hard questions. Who cares that he broke the protocol of a Q&A session that would have been perfunctory otherwise? Do you never break meaningless rules when you think you can do good by doing so?

“Scoop” was obviously the wrong word, but the reporter had every right to be proud of the work he did. He got worldwide coverage for an important issue and now, because of the embarssament and contraversy, the army is going to improve the situation. They won’t solve it, as there will always be shortages and supply problems in any organization. But with a little pressure they will make the lives of soldiers safer.

Isn’t that an outcome we should all support? Of course it is, but some it seems would rather protect the rights of the powerful not to hit with a question unawares, that the rights of the lowly not to be killed. :loco:

The story about inadequate supplies has been out since the war began, even before that. For this reporter who has never been to Iraq to plant this story in another soldier who has never been in Iraq while all of them are in Kuwait is a typical example of the problem we have in the leftwing media. They believe that the ends justify the means since they are doing what is right. Let’s put the shoe on the other foot and say that a rightwing reporter planted a question with the UN by having an UN weapons inspector “ask” some “tough” questions of Kofi Annan regarding why the weapons inspectors in Iraq were not getting access to all the sites that they were supposed to. I mean the story had been out numerous times before that but what about setting up a weapons inspector to ask these “tough” questions of the UN leadership? Would that have been all right as well? I mean it was for a good cause and everything. This is why no one trusts the media anymore. They think that they know “best” for what Americans should hear, see and read and think nothing of using these “methods” to do so. I think it is very unethical and I would fire such a journalist if he worked for me. The fact that he is not being fired says a lot about the state of the media in the US. That is why we have Rathergate, we have a “documentary” by Michael Moore passing unchallenged, etc etc. etc. Sickening.