U.S. Immigration Debate

Recently I was watching a 2 min bit on CNN website about idenity theft in the US. A woman had her SSI stolen and when it came time for her to return to workplace(she was a stay at home mom) she found out that she ‘already’ worked for the company she was applying to. Upon further investagtion showed she owed the goverment over $16,000 in back taxes and then there was other stuff. So having her idenity stolen basicly amounted to something like $2 million.

Now you ask, what does this have to do with the immigration situation in the States. The woman found out that majority of the people who were using her SSI # and other information were illegal. Now they didn’t say out and out these that illegals could have been Mexican or not. Of course that would be illegal. But this in creating this piece during a national debate about immigration, IMO shows how playing on the fears of US public would increase support for Bush’s plan.

My .02cents

[quote=“Bodo”][quote=“cake”]
[url=http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=15497]Bush Administration Quietly Plans NAFTA Super Highway

Quietly but systematically, the Bush Administration is advancing the plan to build a huge NAFTA Super Highway, four football-fields-wide, through the heart of the U.S. along Interstate 35, from the Mexican border at Laredo, Tex., to the Canadian border north of Duluth, Minn.

Once complete, the new road will allow containers from the Far East to enter the United States through the Mexican port of Lazaro Cardenas, bypassing the Longshoreman’s Union in the process. The Mexican trucks, without the involvement of the Teamsters Union, will drive on what will be the nation’s most modern highway straight into the heart of America. The Mexican trucks will cross border in FAST lanes, checked only electronically by the new “SENTRI” system. The first customs stop will be a Mexican customs office in Kansas City, their new Smart Port complex, a facility being built for Mexico at a cost of $3 million to the U.S. taxpayers in Kansas City.[/url][/quote]

Seems like you’re article expresses dismay at how the super highway would undermine the unions. I don’t know if this is such a bad thing?

bodo[/quote]

Well there will be ramifications. That industry will probably die, (along with others dependent on the docks) as all the multinationals will prefer the slave labor in mexico. But that is globalism and it means the economy is great and benefits no-one bar the corporations.

It also says the first customs stop will be a Mexican customs office in Kansas City!
All those drugs coming through. How about dropping off some illegals on the way. But they may not be illegals by then.

And where are the thousands of troops Bush promised?
Nowhere to be seen! He was lying as usual.
He’s working toward the North American Union (the Pan American Union will follow).

Anyone who believes a politian should seek medical help.

I still say we need some of that labor and if they want to work then we have to accommodate the ones that are already here. There are 12 million to 20 million illegals. They are NOT going to be deported and I do not care what politicians say. The best solution is to get them to become stakeholders in our system. Mexicans and Central Americans are religious, family oriented and hard workers. Not too good on the educational achievement but what’s not to like? We have no choice. They are here and they will not be leaving. Give them citizenship. The last thing we need is alienated angry criminals as the European system keeps churning out. In fact, Europe may need the same welfare reform that we initated to prove that the problem may not be the religion (or the race in the US) but the idleness and no hope of a better future that is paid for regardless of any personal responsibility whatsoever.

Clinton or even Carter would be proud and welcome you with open arms.

It is interesting to note how the immigration debate has been pushed to the back burner. (US election issues, Mex president election issues, etc.)

I find it also interesting to see how the SPP policy (mentioned on page 9 of this thread) is coming into the awareness radar. If anyone is interested, there is a good Lou Dobbs interview here: youtube.com/watch?v=ueAdeZun … an%20union - worth a look.

I wonder what the new Mexican president will say about this and other immigration issues. (depends on who wins, looks like Calderon will get the vote. He is openly supported by bush and is the former minister of energy under Vincente Fox. It looks like we will see protests in mexico this week since someone has to lose.

The Immigration Debate

From Youtube. Funny.

[quote=“Namahottie”]The Immigration Debate
From Youtube. Funny.[/quote]Very Very Cool. Thanks.
I always wondered where “cracker” came from; and that buffalo with the NY cab driver accent is my favorite.
I have been thinking of this thread also.
The ILLEGAL INVASION OF THE USA is probably my largest point of dissatisfaction with the current President and his domestic policies.

Check out the following to see who is the bigger threat to American Citizens today, terrorists or illegals. Feel free to share it.

Over 19,000 Americans have died a violent death at the hands of murderous illegal aliens since 9/11 (12 a day).*

Over 20,000 Americans have died at the hands of uninsured drunk driving illegal aliens since 9/11 (13 a day).*

Over 13,000 American children are the victim of a sex crime at the hands of illegal aliens since 9/11 (8 a day).*

Less than 7,000 Americans have died on 9/11 and after due to terrorism, including those who died fighting
terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan.

What is the bigger threat to Americans today, terrorist thugs or illegal aliens?

*Source – “Biting the hand that feeds you”. Written by Congressman Steve King (R, IA) on April 25, 2006.
Source link: kingforcongress.com/clipping … on4-06.htm

The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes
Committed by Illegal Immigrants in the United States

Could it be the American people, press and government themselves? Be nice if they learned how to prioritse things better.

Irony is that I am now listening to The Wall :sunglasses:

Tainan Cowboy:

I normally share your views but you lose me on this one. There are 12 million to 20 million undocumented workers (illegal aliens) in the US. What is your proposal? While I would be for vastly improved border security, you do realize, don’t you that there is no way ever that any of these 20 million are going to be repatriated forcibly or otherwise. I do not care what any politician says, it ain’t going to happen so… what are the options? I believe that we should give them full citizenship, get them on the tax rolls and insured (so they stop using the vastly more expensive emergency services at hospitals) and make them stakeholders. Take a glance at the Muslims in Europe and at how they are treated. Do you want the same in the US? It could easily happen. Also, I have noticed that far from the small minority that want to “reconquer” the Southwestern part of the US, most Mexicans and Central Americans who return to their native lands are extremely proud to flaunt their US citizenship. It is a source of pride and bragging rights. Why then, would they want to secede from the US to become part of the failed societies that they fled from? We are lucky. The Mexicans and Central Americans that have come to the US are the ones that are most ambitious and most willing to work hard to get ahead. The very fact that they made the very difficult effort to get into the States is proof of that. Are some of them going to commit crime? Hell yes, BUT the crime rates of these groups is still far lower than for African Americans and that has nothing to do with immigration, illegal or otherwise.

Fred-
It seems we have differing opinions on the subject of illegal entry into the USA.
The rosy “Only here to do the jobs Americans won’t do” line just is not true.
I have no problem whatsoever with Legal Immigrants. None. My parents came to the USA via this route. As did other of my ancestors.
This is a different subject and its effect on the USA has been catastrophic. And will continue to grow in magnitutde.
As this thread has been renewed, I will post more material showing the terrible effects and the many affected areas this illegal invasion has precipatated.
And I fully expect the “race card” to be played…per SOP.

I understand but you do realize that no one is going to expel 20 million people. It just ain’t going to happen so what is the best solution to deal with a bad situation. I also share your contempt for the line that they are needed to do the jobs that other Americans do and I also have issues with the “illegality” BUT at the end of the day, they ain’t going anywhere, and I do not care who says that they will do something about it. The logistics are impossible.

I will try to bust some of the prevailling myths.
I have no idea or plan for solving this one.
IMO, its a grave matter of national security.
ICE is showing imagination in its efforts, but they are still shackled with being a part of the beaucracy of DHS.
It is begining to be addressed on a local level now. And here is where I see a glimmer, however faint, of hope.

Asante’

Happy Bastille Day

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Fred-
It seems we have differing opinions on the subject of illegal entry into the USA.
I have no problem whatsoever with Legal Immigrants. None. My parents came to the USA via this route. As did other of my ancestors.
This is a different subject and its effect on the USA has been catastrophic. And will continue to grow in magnitutde.
As this thread has been renewed, I will post more material showing the terrible effects and the many affected areas this illegal invasion has precipatated.
And I fully expect the “race card” to be played…per SOP.[/quote]

God, if only someone had thought about that during slavery, who knows where the US would be. :smiley:

You wanna hold or fold or me to deal a “card” :laughing:

The aim is a united americas just like the EU.
I’ve been saying it for years and many people are still ignorant.
Luckily there are people waking up.
The fact this isn’t all over the news tells us they don’t want it out there.

From World Net Daily
THE NEW WORLD DISORDER
U.S.-Mexico merger opposition intensifies
Some see secret efforts to scrap dollar, end U.S. sovereignty, combine nations

Watch Lou Dobbs (a journalist actually doing real work for a change) talk about the bush “open borders” policy and tthe agenda that is the pan american union.

“This is beyond Belief”

And
youtube.com/watch?v=ensmPJm5 … ed&search=

And Pat Buchanan - a consevative NOT a neocon:

“George Bush may go down in history as the man who not only lost the magnificent lands won for America by James Polk, but, by refusing to do his duty and halt this invasion, ensured the Balkanization and dissolution of his country.”

And If Eisenhower managed to seal the border there is no excuse Bush or his democrat buddies can’t.

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]Fred-
And I fully expect the “race card” to be played…per SOP.[/quote]

God, if only someone had thought about that during slavery, who knows where the US would be. :smiley:

You wanna hold or fold or me to deal a “card” :laughing:[/quote]

well, back then, they were chattel. so it’s different. :open_mouth:

I still think that there’s a lack of focus on the employers in this debate. If they don’t hire them, the supply will decrease. But too many businesses are in on this cash cow: construction, farm biz, restaurants, stores (remember the walmart case). Make it prohibitive for them to hire illegals, and the numbers will drop. BUT are people willing to pay higher prices? more expensive fruit? If not, then they must condone such hiring.

If a Pan-American union would help get some decent Mexican food to spread beyond just South/SW Texas and Southern Cal then I’m all for it.

You can get decent Mexican food all over America these days. You know the state with the fastest growing Hispanic population is? Delaware. Every state in the Union is “infested” with immigrants from south of the border.

Hispanic doesn’t necessarily mean Mexican. For example Washington D.C. metro has lots of great Peruvian chicken places, but is lacking somewhat in the Mexican food department. Even if you do assume the majority of the influx is Mexican, it’s still for the most part day laborers who are living cheap and sending lots of money home, so it takes a while for a good Mexican marketplace to really build up.

[quote=“Namahottie”]
God, if only someone had thought about that during slavery, who knows where the US would be. :smiley: [/quote]

MC Hammer would be running email scams out of Lagos?

ebolamonkeyman.com/ivor.htm