U.S. Immigration Debate

Bush is just following orders:

[url=http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53023]‘Bush doesn’t think America should be an actual place’
Tancredo says president believes nation should be merely ‘idea’ without borders

By Joe Kovacs
© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo.

PALM BEACH, Fla. – President Bush believes America should be more of an idea than an actual place, a Republican congressman told WND in an exclusive interview.

“People have to understand what we’re talking about here. The president of the United States is an internationalist,” said Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo. “He is going to do what he can to create a place where the idea of America is just that – it’s an idea. It’s not an actual place defined by borders. I mean this is where this guy is really going.”

Tancredo lashed out at the White House’s lack of action in securing U.S. borders, and said efforts to merge the U.S. with both Mexico and Canada is not a fantasy.

"I know this is dramatic – or maybe somebody would say overly dramatic – but I’m telling you, that everything I see leads me to believe that this whole idea of the North American Union, it’s not something that just is written about by right-wing fringe kooks. It is something in the head of the president of the United States, the president of Mexico, I think the prime minister of Canada buys into it. … [/url]

I grew up in LA we have some crazy gangs far more violent than anything in Taiwan in huge numbers who many of which are illegals. For some reason the media likes to call them “immigrants” but I was an immigrant to the US then became a naturalized citizen at 18 , they are 100% Illegals. Im 100% for support of Legal Immigration. Also for some laws that allow migrant work under good conditions for all parties with multi year visas(since agriculture in US depends on this work)

Illegals in the US get free public education, a drivers license, health benefits, social services, encouragement to vote and opportunities for resident status and citizenship…yea try that in Taiwan or any other country and expect the citizens tax dollars to pay for it. I’ve never heard of such immense benefits for Illegals outside of the United States.

Yet Trump gets BS and called racist by MSM because he wants US Illegal Immigration policy to come in line with the rest of the world. You will never get to see LEGAL immigrants such as myself supporting Trump on MSM because the media doesn’t like to project a balanced viewpoint only showing white people and kkk supporting him on repeat and their rallies.

Interesting note KKK membership is at all time historic lows in 8 decades since its creation a great thing only 6,000 roughly left!..yet the media reports of them nonstop you would think its huge. MS-13 or 18th Street Gang alone totals over 60,000 in the US but you don’t see them nonstop on the news everyday though the level of violence and havoc they wreak on society is immense.

4 Likes

I don’t care about US immigration policy but deporting dreamers is fucked up.

Immigrating illegally and raising your kids in a country where they don’t have citizenship is pretty fucked up too.

3 Likes

Just curious if anyone knows how the EU and UK would treat illegal immigrants and their version of DACA?

yeah but the term “dreamers”…doesn’t it warm your heart?

definitely unless you grew up in LA and knew some/many of these “Dreamers” are Gang bangers lol

There are no “illegal migrants” in the EU, only brave refugees who deserve public money just for being alive, and you’d better accept your quota or else…

It MIGHT be one of the reasons why the UK wanted the fuck outta there, but it’s just speculation.

3 Likes

I’m in favor of amnesty for most dreamers, but I think their parents should get a permanent ban.

1 Like

The dreamers could face deportation if they try to fix their citizenship situation. It’s not like they can just go to the immigration office and their status would be legalised. Most of them were brought to America as toddlers, who do you expect they do?

See previous post.

Id say deport all the “dreamers” who are convicted felons. Amnesty for the rest after they turn 18 and complete a high school diploma or GED. Fast track to citizenship if they complete military service successfully. Their parents who broke the law should not get amnesty, maybe just allow to stay with child until dreamer is 18 years old then Parents get deported within the next year. Perhaps for Dreamers attending college parents can extend a special visa for 4 years to help support their child through college but only for 4 years.

1 Like

No, of course not.

There is a difference between a refugee from say, Syria or a plumber from Poland with EU citizenship.

The vast majority of immigration to the UK is by EU citizens, which is not dissimilar to moving to another state in the USA.

Well that clearly isn’t the case in reality. A bunch of them have already been deported and they have children and stuff in America. There are even Korean adoptees getting deported. I can’t imagine how adopted children can be deported back to their home country after like 30 years. It’s fucking proposterous.

This is incorrect, or at the very least misinformed. The UK takes very few refugees.

Most of the discontent in the UK does not have to do with refugees per se, but about migration within the EU, which is not illegal as it happens within the single market.

Morran so anyone can get EU residency but just showing up in Europe?

From what I’m reading it appears those DACA currently being deported and similarly being deported under Obama are for criminals with a felony conviction and gang members. The only difference right now under Trump is, the ones being deported might only be arrested and charged for a violent crime but not convicted/sentenced in court formally. Either way these specific violent criminal “Dreamers” are not exactly the DACA Valedictorians giving speeaches at HS graduations you see on CNN, MSNBC, Huffington Post, Newsweak all the time, those are safe…according to LA times as long as they don’t get charged with some violent crime or become active members in a major gang.

Seems very reasonable to me if you exclude the MSM trying to make it sound insane, crazy and racist.

365 Daca deported in 4 yrs by Obama for violent crime convictions + Gang members

43 Daca deported by Trump thus far for same reasons

It’s funny how you conveniently omit a crucial fact [Source]:

Twenty-nine years later, in 2012, after numerous arrests and a struggle with drug addiction, he was deported back to his birth country, South Korea. He could not speak the local language, did not know a single person and did not receive appropriate care for mental health problems, which included bipolar disorder and alcohol and substance abuse.

Deported for a criminal record. Hardly a shocker [Source]:

A man born in South Korea and adopted as a child by an American family — only to be deported to his country of birth because of a criminal record — apparently took his own life late last month in a case that advocates say could have been avoided.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) told NBC News that Clay entered the U.S. lawfully. But he accumulated “a lengthy criminal history dating back nearly two decades — the most serious of which included criminal convictions for robbery and multiple theft and drug related offenses.

In conclusion: yes there are cases of Korean adpotees being deported after decades in the United States due to their adoptive parents failing to file the proper applications. However, these cases involve circumstances under which even legal aliens would face deportation. These people are not being deported only on the basis of improper adoption processes some thirty years ago. If were a US citizen or legal alien I would DEMAND authorities to deport alien felons and would not care why the felon in question has not managed to attain US citizenship during his stay of several decades in America.

1 Like

I am not a US citizen but lived there many years, I also know the system in Europe and I can say that these two great western blocks have much much higher tolerance when it comes to immigration, racial issues, etc… that the rest of countries. Sure if you go to mexico from a rich country you may get liniency, but if you go from neighbor Guatemala expect many kind of civil rights violations on your skin. Go to an asian country, muslim country, etc… and you will feel that you are at best a 2nd class citizen.

3 Likes

Using facts to form an opinion? What next, will you advocate the genocide of baby seals?? You monster!

2 Likes