U.S. Muslims issue anti-terrorism 'fatwa'...about time

news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050728/us_ … muslims_dc

[quote]U.S. Muslims issue anti-terrorism ‘fatwa’ By Romney Willson
Thu Jul 28, 1:35 PM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Top U.S. Muslim scholars issued a “fatwa,” or religious edict, against terrorism on Thursday and called on Muslims to help authorities fight the scourge of militant violence. [/quote]

Well golly, that didn’t take long.

[quote]The fatwa was part of efforts by U.S. Muslims to counter perceived links between Islam and terrorism and avert any negative backlash after this month’s bombings by suspected Islamic extremists in London and Egypt[/quote].

That liberal press…HA! “perceived.” :laughing: Too much!

Good, because those previous edicts were often proved to be…well… hypocritical…

Good, get Americans where they are…at home…in front of the damn TV

For those of you who need a translation…Americans are multicultural enough and smart enough NOT to randomly attack people who look “Muslim”…hmmm, can the same be said of the other guys…?

cough cough…no shit…cough cough

translation: “Sheep! The police are now the good guys! Cooperate!”

Yay! Jesus! How many are there?? :astonished:

Well,golly! That’s what President Bush has been saying! Go figure…

Thank you, liberal press poopheads who can’t accept reality, except for when it suits you, for winding this article up on a sour note…

Damn sticky keyboard… all due to the beer I spilt. Read the finished copy below. :blush:

argh, strap me down…I’ve got a bite!

Wow, when you go off you really go off, don’t ya? [quote=“jdsmith”][quote]The fatwa was part of efforts by U.S. Muslims to counter perceived links between Islam and terrorism and avert any negative backlash after this month’s bombings by suspected Islamic extremists in London and Egypt[/quote]. That liberal press…HA! “perceived.” :laughing: Too much![/quote]
You don’t really buy that “liberal press” bias bs, do you?

And they were…?

Please. On July 15, 1099, the knights of the first crusade took Jerusalem and set to work on the Muslim and Jewish inhabitants. They rode in blood that rose as high as their horses’ knees. Jews were burned alive in their temples, at the al’Aqsa Mosque alone 70,000 Muslims were slaughtered. In 1187, Saladin retook Jerusalem, granting Christians the right to depart in peace with their property for a period of forty days, and the right thereafter of pilgrimage to holy sites that remained under Christian control.

These events took place nearly 1,000 years ago, so what’s my point?

No culture, and nobody has an innate right to claim to be the good, the pure, and the virtuous. What goes around comes around, so get off your high horse. Or do you want to be saddled with blame for all the odious deeds done in the name of American culture over the past 50 years?

[quote=“Jdsmith”] [quote]Some 130 North American Muslim organizations and leaders have signed and endorsed the fatwa.[/quote] Yay! Jesus! How many are there?? :astonished: [/quote] While you’re rounding them up, do try to sweep up all the televangelists in white suits who cry out every Sunday, on every cable channel that they can buy, “Sweet Jes-us, save me! Help me, Jes-us! Send money to help Jes-us help me!” I don’t watch much Sunday morning tv, but I do think that these guys are giving my religion a very bad name. Tell you what, since American televangelists out number American Imams by about, what 100:1, 1000:1? why don’t you start with the guys in the white suits?

[quote=“Jdsmith”][quote]Because Islam is not based on a world-wide hierarchical structure, the edicts are not globally binding, and only affect the community whose religious leaders have issued the rulings.[/quote]Thank you, liberal press poopheads who can’t accept reality, except for when it suits you, for winding this article up on a sour note…[/quote] Wow, you really do believe that shit. Ah well, you read like a pretty decent bloke most of the time.

blah…he changed his post, so this one means dick now…it was funny…

[quote="Jaboney"]Wow, when you go off you really go off, don't ya? 

Just reading the papers…

I see what I read…and yes, I actually am a decent bloke. :slight_smile:

As is present company.

peace

jds

JD- I agree with you. It is about time the Muslim Communities in the States and Europe publish some Fatwas against terrorism, AND that the media gives it plenty of coverage.

Ya do go a little overboard, tho . . . . IMVHO
:wink:
Bodo

Meanwhile, in sunny London Town(obscure song title reference)…

(manually inserted sig below)

…“He was quite happy in the begining.”

[quote=“Bodo”]JD- I agree with you. It is about time the Muslim Communities in the States and Europe publish some Fatwas against terrorism, AND that the media gives it plenty of coverage.

Ya do go a little overboard, tho . . . . IMVHO
Bodo[/quote]

Jaboney’s a good egg and much of my 2cd post is in jest. :slight_smile:

jds
peace

Anyway, it seems I spoke too soon…good thing I left a healthy dose of skepticism in the first post:

counterterror.typepad.com/the_co … an_is.html

[quote]The American Islamic Leaders’ “Fatwa” is Bogus
Steven Emerson
The Investigative Project on Terrorism
Email: Stopterror@aol.com

This morning a group of American Islamic leaders held a press conference to announce a fatwa, or Islamic religious ruling, against

“Liberal press” bias [quote=“Jdsmith”]Nah…there’s nothing to it… [quote]Results 1 - 10 of about 1,360,000 for bias liberal press. (0.36 seconds[/quote][/quote]Hmmm… well, you got more results, but mine came up faster. Does that mean that there are more right wing cranks out there saying this, and fewer, though better linked, left wing cranks countering? (Wait a second, isn’t the number and quality of links how Google ranks the quality and relevance of a site? :slight_smile: )[quote]Results 1 - 20 of about 883,000 for right wing media bias. (0.27 seconds)[/quote]
A few other prominent fruitcake results, in order of number of hits:

[quote]
Results 1 - 20 of about 728,000 for moon program fake. (0.22 seconds)
Results 1 - 20 of about 764,000 for tooth fairy. (0.08 seconds)
Results 1 - 20 of about 799,000 for Easter Bunny. (0.29 seconds)
Results 1 - 20 of about 1,090,000 for Jewish conspiracy. (0.10 seconds)[/quote]
None of those got as many hits as “liberal press bias”, so I guess they’re not as likely to be true. BUT, there’s far more evidence to support these being factual: [quote]Results 1 - 20 of about 2,280,000 for Santa Claus [definition]. (0.10 seconds)
Results 1 - 20 of about 3,260,000 for evolution false. (0.16 seconds)[/quote]
Moving on…

[quote=“jdsmith”]Good, because those previous edicts were often proved to be…well… hypocritical…[…] little things like this…[/quote] Yeah, there’s a whole lot of Islamic nutbars out there. I was going to counter your point with a links to a few American “white power” pages, (legitimate, I think, given that the Jihadists are frequently compared to the KKK) but then thought twice about it; I feel dirty just thinking about touching those links. Besides, there was too much to wade through to find a real argumentative zinger… try 23,400,000 results for “white power america.”

More…

[quote]Tell that to Balbir Singh Sodhii.[/quote][quote]That’s a low blow and you know it…standing up against this kind of idiocy doesn’t mean I allow every idiot to stand behind me…[/quote][/quote]You’re right, that was a low blow. But delivered in a friendly way. Just my way of asking that you be careful when slinging the “idiot paint brush” around, ‘cause you never know who might get splattered. I’ve got plenty of Muslim friends, and a few relatives, who could, and do, do a far better job of deconstructing the militants’ bs. Why don’t they get the air time? Why don’t we hear about it? I don’t know. Why don’t we hear anything “fair and balanced” from Fox? Why is there so much Rush Limbaugh, Bill O’Reilly and Ann Coulter on American airwaves?

(At this point, don’t you think that this quotation-happy post has almost becoming a game of cards, in which we’re each looking for the trump?)

[quote][quote]No culture, and nobody has an innate right to claim to be the good, the pure, and the virtuous. What goes around comes around, so get off your high horse. Or do you want to be saddled with blame for all the odious deeds done in the name of American culture over the past 50 years?[/quote] [quote=“Jdsmith”]Horseshit…EVERY culture has this right. However, the legitimacy of any culture proclaiming this right is debatable…[/quote][/quote] Yeah, yeah… everyone’s allowed to say whatever they want, no matter how stupid or repulsive. Wait a second, screaming “Fire” in a crowded theatre, we don’t actually have that right. So while superficially anyone can say anything, substantially that’s not the case. Horseshit is more valuable than much that passes for intelligent speech.

[quote=“Jdsmith”]Ok, they’re money grubbing letches…show me where they actually SAY “KILL THE MUSLIMS.” GO to memritv.org/ and you shall find LOTS of muslim preachers who do.[/quote]I found one in the Pentagon. I could seek further, but I think this one’s enough… he is a three star general, after all.

I “see what I read too,” but seldom believe it. :wink: Orwell was right, all political language is designed “to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.”

Good eggs all around, some slightly scrambled :wink: :wink:.
“Quote tag! You’re ‘it’.”

[quote]Good eggs all around, some slightly scrambled .
“Quote tag! You’re ‘it’.”[/quote]

Troll. :raspberry:

Have to run soon…as for the General though…it’s his job to kill…not newsworthy IMHO

peace

[quote=“jdsmith”]…as for the General though…it’s his job to kill…not newsworthy[/quote] I think it’s the general’s job to defend the country, by killing if necessary, though not necessarily by killing. It’s certainly not his job to preach from the pulpit while in uniform. That, the frequent invitations he receives to do so, and the political support he recieves from various churches makes it newsworth and disturbing IMNSHO. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just wait until the first white christian militant(s) walks into a mosque during Friday prayers and blows people up.

Could you imagine the islamic outrage. Pity they can’t try to control their own harbingers of hatred. What the Islamic world needs is a Pope. Somebody at the top who could be recognized by all of islam.

But unfortunatley the Imams are too busy issuing orders to kill the other Imams when they feel slighted, or because they belong to the wrong islamic group.

Where was the muslim world when the muslims in Kosovo were being slaughtered… fooking nowhere… they didnt give a shit… It was the USA that went in against the U.N.'s wishes and stopped the bloodshed.

Not a thankyou from any senior islamic figures.

Could happen sooner than you think…

[quote]There are extremist circles - both Christian and Jewish - that believe the mosques on Temple Mount must be destroyed in order to rebuild the temple and prepare the way for the messiah, or the return of Jesus Christ, who will come to trigger the biblical day of judgment. The fear is that an extremist group will try to hasten things along by blowing up the Muslim shrines. It is not a far-fetched notion. An attempt by a messianic Jewish extremist in the mid-1980s was narrowly thwarted. In 1969, an Australian Christian provoked Muslim riots after a failed attempt to burn the mosque. The FBI has started ‘‘Project Meggido,’’ referring to the biblical site of Armeggedon, to monitor threats of millennial violence worldwide. In October, an FBI report concluded that, ‘‘A simple act of desecration, or even a perceived desecration of any of the holy sites on the Temple Mount, is likely to trigger a violent reaction.’’

An Israeli task force formed for the event has been working in coordination with the FBI. Its most publicized action to date was a crackdown last January on a Denver-based sect known as Concerned Christians, whose leader predicted he would die on the streets of Jerusalem and be resurrected. Police raided two suburban Jerusalem homes where the group was residing, arrested 14 people, and charged that the group was preparing to blow up some of the city’s mosques. The Concerned Christians denied involvement in any plot.[/quote]

rickross.com/reference/mille … ium56.html