⚽ Football/Soccer - UEFA Euro 2020/2021

England are the greatest under-achievers in world football. They have a wealth of talent but do fuck-all with it but eke out the occasional draw. Extremely conservative. I don’t get that.

1 Like

Nation of chokers and bottle merchants.

NZ B team is thrashing them at cricket right now.

Still, come on England!

all those phantom fouls leading to penalties, and this is totally fine…

shirt pulling should be an automatic yellow

1 Like

Croatia to beat England.

Spain were always the greatest under-achievers until that rather racist chap took charge.

England have achieved the best they could with the talent available, IMO.

I think talent has never been the problem with England, it’s been the waste of it.

Always too much distraction, always a lack of focus, lots of bad managers, bad luck too (so close at times, lost penalty shoot outs, disallowed goals and what not).

All top positions in the Premier League’s top teams are occupied by foreign players, there is no top team England with a core of English players, like they have in Spain and Germany, difficult to form a good squad with virtually no time for preparation.

A third of premiership players are English. No other league is like that. England managers have less to work with.

Yeah, I meant in the past, there were world-class players on the English teams before, but that talent was wasted. Now promising players won’t even make it into the top teams in the Premier League. On the other hand, if frickn Iceland can impress in a World Cup, England should have no problem assembling a team that can compete with the best. Lot has to do with chemistry and management I guess.

1 Like

I’m hoping for more than a draw.

Did they? Only 1 participation, drew with Argentina, finished last of their group.

Well they played Argentina to a draw. That’s something considering how many Icelanders there are.

Also, they beat England in the Euro before that.

Eleven sports any online streaming? And if so what is the delay, more than 15 secs behind tv signal?

Plenty of pirate streams out there but would really like a minimal delay, which of course even commercial streams often fail to achieve.

easy to find on Reddit

I am done with TV…

England had a great 20 minutes starting the game

yes but delay…

Croatia will tire later in 2nd, heat and old squad with a long club season behind them. Not sure England will be able to capitalise even then, draw is not the worst result for both.

How hot can it be in Wembley?

Sterling would drive me nuts if I were an English supporter…

He must have heard that…

1-0 was my exact score in my prediction game.

1 Like

Fair result, the English looked good at times, aggressive. The Croatians looked flat, were never going to equalize.