UFC 58, Where to watch?

UFC 58(Ultimate Fighting Championship) is this weekend, Saturday 10PM EST to be exact. Is there anywhere in Taipei where I can watch it? Are bars/pubs with satelite tv able to order the pay-per-view? I guess it would be 11AM Sunday local time if I wanted to watch it live.

Do local people even watch MMA? At the least, I would expect some taiwanese to follow Pride.

I usually just download it afterwards for free…takes a few days for someone to put up a seed… then I watch it by myself in my little bedroom :frowning:

When I first came here I snooped around for places (bars/pubs) that would broadcast this…but not popular enough I guess. Alot of people in martial arts type clubs do follow this stuff though.

I was in Carnegie’s a while ago and one was showing, but it was probably a repeat of an old one.

[quote=“jjsimpso”]UFC 58(Ultimate Fighting Championship) is this weekend, Saturday 10PM EST to be exact. Is there anywhere in Taipei where I can watch it? Are bars/pubs with satelite tv able to order the pay-per-view? I guess it would be 11AM Sunday local time if I wanted to watch it live.

Do local people even watch MMA? At the least, I would expect some Taiwanese to follow Pride.[/quote]

I don’t know where you can watch the latest UFC, but regarding your other question there have been lots of discussions here re UFC, MMA, etc, and even a few forumosans participating in such fights. Use the search function in the top right of the screen. Searching for UFC yields the following threads:

forumosa.com/taiwan/search.php?mode=results

Are there any cable channels in Taipei that show MMA? Somewhere on the forums people were talking about this Asahi channel which would show some. I’m not sure if I have that one but I do have Z Channel, which seems to show a lot of WWE style wrestling. I’m not sure if they have any real combat sports though.

Any help to get my MMA fix(viewing only! I’m not interested in fighting!) in Taipei is much appreciated.

[color=red][Removed by Admin - g.][/color]

Thanks!

I’m especially happy to see the newsgroup. Usenet is my preferred method for piracy. I can’t believe I never thought to look there for MMA.

[quote=“jjsimpso”][color=red][Removed by Admin - g.][/color]

Thanks!

I’m especially happy to see the newsgroup. Usenet is my preferred [color=red]method for piracy[/color]. I can’t believe I never thought to look there for MMA.[/quote]
Folks, please, don’t think of Forumosa as the kind of website where you can help each other pirate copyrighted materials. This isn’t the direction we want to go. We’re going to try harder to prevent this.

I realize that this policy may have been a little vague in the past. So, to be perfectly clear - we do not support illegal sharing of files (ie. copyrighted materials), and we will do our best to prevent this from happening in Forumosa

If you know of discussions on Forumosa that we should “clean up”, please bring them to our attention by posting about it in the Feedback Forum, sending a PM to me or Maoman, or e-mailing us at admin @ forumosa.com

We’ll try to address the matter asap.

[color=red]Goose… I hope this doesn’t put me on your poo list… Please delete if this is the case :slight_smile: Not exactly sure whether this falls under piracy in your book… if so, let me know and it won’t be done again. [/color]

Here are a few “youtube” links for some of the main fights on the last UFC… (Quality sorta sucks but good enough to watch at home).

BJ PENN vs GEORGE ST. PIERRE

Part 1
youtube.com/watch?v=PMIwrENCkpQ&search=bj%20penn

Part 2
youtube.com/watch?v=YipvX2jb6kk&search=bj%20penn

Part 3
youtube.com/watch?v=FD5bvXyXQbU&search=bj%20penn

RICH FRANKLIN vs DAVID LOISEAU

Part 1
youtube.com/watch?v=pt6wGBzyNjQ& … 20franklin

Part 2
youtube.com/watch?v=eAyrWRDXuFo& … 20franklin

Thanks for the youtube links zerosum. I’m sure at some point I will rent/borrow/buy the dvd to watch them at better quality, but I’m glad to be able to watch them – even if the quality isn’t so good – before someone spoils it for me. Plus, it’s nice to be able to visit the ufc webpage again without worrying about spoilers :slight_smile: