UFC - Brock Lesnar Retires

2 1/2 years of health problems and a kick by Alistair Overeem have made him to decide its time to hang it up.

Farewell Brock…You were a good fighter.

Lesnar Decides on Retirement

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]2 1/2 years of health problems and a kick by Alistair Overeem have made him to decide its time to hang it up.

Farewell Brock…You were a good fighter.

Lesnar Decides on Retirement[/quote]

Rogan! lmao

He was a beast, but a freak at the same time. A freast? Those 5 odd years in WWE or whatever would have been better spent on a heavy bag I think. But he made the UFC more exciting from sheer freastliness. It was obvious from Carwin on he didn’t have the entire package and his stint on TUF showcased him to be a true meathead. A Freathead?

He did however, mature as a person. From the “drink some Coors and mount my wife” Brock to the almost classy, dare I say humble (?) guy he became in defeat and medical adversity cemented him, in my mind anyway, as a Hall of Famer, even if there wasn’t that much “mix” to his martial art.

How about The Reem tho? That kick would have felled an elephant. Is that it for HW Div? I love JDS (the fighter) but come on man…The Reem is too much for any man. Mir looked great against Big Nog. Maybe his jits is what it’ll take to get over the reem, but I highly doubt it. So this is the end of UFC? Every Div is sewn up by a champ who’ll long reign, imco. I see a 2012 of nothing but successful title defenses in every Div.

Reem
Bones
Spider
Rush (barring an declaration of interim champ)
The Answer
Cruz
Aldo

Your Champs this time next year.

You guys know more about the sport than I do, but one thing I like about it is the balance. Unlike boxing, where they give a guy easy opponents until they’ve built up records of 20-0, this is MMA. Look who’s in the UFC Hall of Fame:

Ken Shamrock 7-6-2
Mark Coleman 7-5-0

In terms of heavyweight title defense, no one has defended the title more than twice in a row. :astonished:

With the exception of Silva, even the best get beaten.