UK announces "deportation acts" list

timesonline.co.uk/article/0, … 74,00.html

[quote]Acts of hate: full list of ‘deportation’ acts
By Times Online

The Home Office today published a list of “unacceptable behaviours” which will lead to the deportation or exclusion of any foreign national who commits them from the UK.

According to the Home Secretary the list is indicative rather than exhaustive and covers any non-UK citizen whether in the UK or abroad.

Terrorist violence
Cannot foment, justify, glorify terrorist violence in furtherance of particular beliefs

Terrorist acts

Cannot seek to provoke others to terrorist acts

Criminal acts

Cannot foment other serious criminal activity or seek to provoke others to serious criminal acts

Inter-community violence

Cannot foster hatred which might lead to inter-community violence in the UK.

Method

Individuals who do the above by any means or medium are caught by the legislation, including:

• writing, producing, publishing or distributing material;

• public speaking including preaching

• running a website

• using a position of responsibility such as teacher, community or youth leader [/quote]

Hmm, the ACLU would have a field day with this one. Let me imagine why: because Muslims are usually behind terrorism, not say Chinese, Pakistanis or Russsians, this act is biased and racist, as it clearly targets Muslims.

Why is it targeting muslims, and maybe just as importantly considering there is no mention of any group or religion, why do you feel it is targeting muslims, perhaps because they are currently behind the majority of terrorists events currently taking place in the world.

The new laws are aimed at anyone commiting those offences, not just muslims, regardless of religion or nationality.

Perhaps you need to look beyond your own prejudices.

I can’t see any reference to muslims. It say’s anyone who is not a British citizen can be deported if he or she carry out the above offences.
Anyone.
So if a French restaurant chef comes over to the UK and detonates a case full of garlic infront of a fish and chip shop, he can be deported.

I presume if a Pakistani man runs a website in the UK condoning the hatred of Indians, he too can be deported under the new laws - it said any activity, not just those geared towards Britain.

[quote]According to the Home Secretary the list is indicative rather than exhaustive and covers [color=red]
any non-UK citizen
[/color] whether in the UK or abroad.
[/quote]

[quote=“Traveller”]Why is it targeting muslims, and maybe just as importantly considering there is no mention of any group or religion, why do you feel it is targeting muslims, perhaps because they are currently behind the majority of terrorists events currently taking place in the world.

The new laws are aimed at anyone commiting those offences, not just muslims, regardless of religion or nationality.

Perhaps you need to look beyond your own prejudices.[/quote]

Traveller, it was a joke. I said the ACLU would have a field day with this.

Me? I don’t have the slightest problemo with it.

I know who it was written for, and I suspect the first person deported will be a Taiwanese! :wink:

[quote]Traveller, it was a joke. I said the ACLU would have a field day with this.
[/quote]

I had a feeling you were being sarcastic, but you Americans just can’t cut it :laughing:

[quote=“Dangermouse”][quote]Traveller, it was a joke. I said the ACLU would have a field day with this.
[/quote]

I had a feeling you were being sarcastic, but you Americans just can’t cut it :laughing:[/quote]

Nah, it just goes over your heads, or noses, you stuffy sillybillies :wink:

But clearly he would have just been trying to improve the cuisine.

[quote=“Dangermouse”][quote]Traveller, it was a joke. I said the ACLU would have a field day with this.
[/quote]I had a feeling you were being sarcastic, but you Americans just can’t cut it :laughing:[/quote]DM -
Its that dry British wit…fools us every time… :sunglasses: