🇬🇧 UK - London | Don't travel now/Nightclubs in London

Ya, know that but thought she would not go to three airports?

I’m guessing they just happened to be free/cheap transfer buses.

I missed my Wizz flight from Bulgaria to Luton because of a bomb threat.

So I got on the next flight, Ryan air, to Stansted.

I wanted to see if I could catch the next flight to Iceland on Wizz, but they don’t operate in Stansted. So I took a shuttle to Luton.

Nope, Wizz’s their next flight to Iceland wouldn’t be for three days. They wouldn’t give me compensation. I was very angry at that lady.

So I bought a ticket to Iceland on London Airways. Cost me almost $1000. And it flew out of Heathrow.

The lady told me, no shuttle to Heathrow from Luton. I had to take the cab. I said to myself, screw her! Took the bus to the center of London, first, then would transfer. But I couldn’t pay for the transfer bus while on it, like I did in Sweden, and didn’t really know how to buy a ticket.

This man who wasn’t all there tried to help me, because when he arrived in London from Ecuador a few years ago no one helped him. He really didn’t know how to get to Heathrow and he gave me the run around, trying to ask people for me. But I appreciated his kindness.

I took Bolt to Heathrow. Heathrow is a nice airport.

The London Airways flight was good. I was in the 3rd row and the service was so good and space was so plentiful I was wondering if my ticket was business or first class. Made me feel a little better about blowing so much money.

1 Like

Strange travel and never heard of London Airways, only know British Airways and flew them from Manchester not London. How was Bulgaria, cheap to eats and hotels?

1 Like

I meant British Airways.

Bulgaria was a connecting flight too. I was in Slovakia for five days.

Airways certainly gave you the run around!

2 Likes

Strange transfer two times, must take a long time and you said it cost a lot. So in Slovakia try the local Slovak pancakes and how was local Goulash, should be cheaper than in England’s pubs.

1 Like

I had Goulash. Ordered it through Wolt, since my Airbnb was far away from everything. Yes, very cheap. I also had it in Hungary a couple of years ago.

I also had duck. There must be a lot of ducks in central Europe because they serve it everywhere.

I also had their national dish, Halusky. Didn’t like it.

I had a turmeric latte for five quid, quite nice.

1 Like

My luggage arrived as normal, but crazy how busy Dublin airport is, seems more busy than before COVID, and maybe 10X more than Taoyuan Airport. (Taipei Airport might be busier than Taoyuan though)

4 Likes

:face_with_peeking_eye:

Bloody hellfire. Inflation is really starting to bite over on Airstrip One. Three years ago an (ordinary) latte was two pounds something.

2 Likes

I’ve tried making them, but mine are not good! Any recipe for a good tasting with right consistency I’m interested.

1 Like

You had the Turmeric Latte! That is fantastic. :hugs:

1 Like

I love the sporadic hatchet threads on London, England or the UK in general. It’s like people need to run down these places to justify their choice of where they live.

2 Likes

I think it’s great place. I will do another short visit next Sunday-Tue on the way back to Asia via EU mainland. What will be open on Monday if anything, should stock up on Sunday?

1 Like

Monday is going to be a huge day. I really don’t know what it’s going to be like, Connie. I would prepare yourself for pretty much everywhere to be shut. Sunday and Tuesday though, business as usual.

Get yourself up to the Palace at some point. You won’t regret it.

1 Like

You maybe can get that price at Sainsbury’s cafe , or for five quid

Think of pre order some food, in case nothing is open on Monday, thanks to superking advice.

I had a Costa yesterday. ÂŁ2.70.

4 Likes

Definitely why wouldn’t you!
Sure that’s the greatest marker of British abroad there is!

2 Likes

Costa what…what coffee…or is it even coffee?

Frapucinny Weeny , Spicy Dookie Cortadoey or an Americano? Coffee in a cup or something resembling an onsen bath for an average sized Japanese?
Details matter SK!