UK passport holders - NO2ID

renewforfreedom.org/index.html

Link says it all.

Basically if you want to send Blair a big F-you about his national ID card/citizen tracking scheme and/or want to avoid having your fingerprints and iris scans placed on record (at least for the next 10 years), May is a good time to renew your passport.

Thanks for the info. Despite being endorsed by the Liberal Democrats, the site is actually useful. :wink: Here’s some info on how to apply by post from Taiwan:
britishembassy.gov.uk/servle … 8718604199

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

A pox to the ID card system. I mean look how well it works for reducing crime in China and Taiwan. And China is a great example of the horrors of an ID card system. Mind you, you can get a fake one for three pound fifty there, but that’s not the point. Honest people who stand to lose out don’t have fake ID cards and they end up in a gulag making cheap toys for Western consumers whilst the crims have ID cards coming out their ears. The only answer is violent revolution and a return to the good old days. Let’s hope someone gets on with that.

I’m not even going to start.

If they want me to go on a fucking ID card they’ll have to hunt me down before I hunt them down. :fume:

Well, luckily I just got a new passport, so I don’t have to worry for the next ten years. Something tells me though that before those ten years are up, I’ll have to get an ID card independent of my passport.

I had ID cards in HK and Vietnam and do not see the issue with them. The link to the BTCO was very useful though as my passport is almost full.

IMHO it is very naive to think that a 10 year passport with 48 pages will last 10 years. On average mine last less than 2…=-( Why can’t we add extra pages like the US guys can?

How are they going to manage this ID scheme for expatriots? I mean technically I cannot drive on my UK license in the UK because I have not updated the address…but they will not accept an overseas address and I do not have a UK one. I forsee many similar problems ahead.

While I have an issue with ID cards in general (Why do we need them? We’ve managed pretty well without them so far) it’s the fact that I will have to submit my fingerprints, my iris and have an interview.
I will have to tell the Home Office when I move.
MY DNA will be on my card.

If the British Government thinks it’s having any of these off me it vcan think again.

It is all part of an all-controlling govenrnment. One thing linked to this is that anyone who drives and oens a car will be required by law, by 2010 I think, to install a GPS tracking unit in their vehicle so their progress can be monitored. Aside from the issuing of speeding tickets, the government and it’s respective divisions and agencies will be able to now in an instant exactly where you are.

Why do they need this?

They are also planning to incorporate driving licence, ID, Passport, shoe size, prefered brand of tonic water, handed preference, and whether you like cabbage onto card. Therefore the Government will know everything about you.
But not terrorists and criminals, because they’ll have fakes.

And me, because I’ll have a fake one too.

DM

Have you considered the option of simply changing your nationaility? I believce you can become Singaporean in 6 months and they are begging for takers…of course that is state that happens to be way more heavily policed than the UK so maybe not a good example but there must be others. Apparently Canada will take you if you are rich enough but not if you only have a Canadian mother like me…=-(

I could easily change my nationality to another country as I was born outside the UK, but I wouldn’t really be wanting to live there either as it is a much bigger example of the UK in some respects.
I like England, I just don’t like the way it is run at the moment. I’ll go back when Tony Flair has had enough of delving into other people’s privacy and actually decides to get something important done, or better still, decides to become non-existent.

Hopefully with my future career, I can settle down somewhere nice where my tax money is appreciated and spent wisely. Wishful thinking, obviously.

Don’t mind me, I’ve become a cynical bastard recently and I’m getting worse. If you see me sitting on a park bench complaining about screaming kids running around and the price of fish in Cleveland, be sure to give me a nod. I’ll gladly wave my walking-stick at you.

Well said DM! :notworthy: Tony Bliar :wanker: has to go before I will even think of setting foot in my once great nation again. I used to think we were quite free and libertarian. Not now! It was becoming a joke before I left and it hasn’t got any better since, or so the Olds tell me in their weekly jottings from Old Blighty. My passport runs out in 2013, so no chance of me even thinking about an ID card etc until then. Like Irish Stu said though, I reckon before long, they will be sending out the Blair police to track us all down and implant some weird and wonderful device in our heads! Sad state of affairs.

How the hell are they going to interogate you if you don’t go home? Are you going to have to actually go to the UK to get a new passport? Seems like cruel and unusual punishment to me… or an April-fool’s joke gone too far.

I don’t mind Blair. Blame the collection of Home Office fucknuts, featuring such spectacular characters as Jack Straw and David Blunkett (not half as blind as he is stupid). Throw in Sir Fuckface the Big Daddy Police Chief while you’re at it and bang your head on the wall a few hundred times.

[quote=“Dangermouse”]I could easily change my nationality to another country as I was born outside the UK, but I wouldn’t really be wanting to live there either as it is a much bigger example of the UK in some respects.
I like England, I just don’t like the way it is run at the moment. I’ll go back when Tony Flair has had enough of delving into other people’s privacy and actually decides to get something important done, or better still, decides to become non-existent.

Hopefully with my future career, I can settle down somewhere nice where my tax money is appreciated and spent wisely. Wishful thinking, obviously.

Don’t mind me, I’ve become a cynical bastard recently and I’m getting worse. If you see me sitting on a park bench complaining about screaming kids running around and the price of fish in Cleveland, be sure to give me a nod. I’ll gladly wave my walking-stick at you.[/quote]

Interesting loaded typo there…Screw the ID card system. I loathe the idea personally; it implies I support Millwall.

Bob