Ukraine Invaded by the Russians - April to August 2022

He’s got nicer legs than Hitler, and bigger tits than Cher.

Talk gravelly to me, baby.

1 Like

You’d think at almost 100 he’d give the old realpolitik a break. But, no, he’s still getting involved.

His list of alternatives usually end in a mushroom cloud. Brilliant, but, just so so bad.

Everyone’s doing as posted days ago
Yes, even Taiwan. Whoopee.
Yes, no chips for Russia, but please gives us your oil (as long as through 3rd-party):

FPCC Spokesman Lin Key-yen (林克彥) on Thursday said that although the oil is from Russia, the company signed a contract to purchase the shipment from a Singaporean company. As the Taiwan government has not banned Russian oil imports, the Singaporean company could sue for breach of contract if the purchase was canceled for any reason other than force majeure, the spokesman said.

That’s why bans and embargos don’t work. Iranians have Apple products too.

Of course. Someone in HK or Singapore will set up IC design company and send it to TSMC, get the shipment, forward onto Russia. This whole embargo game is a shitfest. Only sheeple get hurt and middlemen make more money.
Anyway, back to the shooting game.

Reminds me of the Soviet era junk Ukraine received from its ‘friends’ across East Europe a month or so ago. A lot of which could not work well or was useless.
Great for the Military Industrial Complex though, as they will get new orders from those countries.

You can’t cook the omelet without turning on the gas, either

Interesting:

Couple of minor “Truth is the first casualty” examples (or maybe just standard crap journalism with no agenda).

Maybe the retweet is the second casualty

" Ukraine missiles rain down on Russian tank column"

No.

They don’t

Looks like artillery doing its area fire thing, and not hitting anything.

If they are “missiles” which usually means guided, they are really badly guided.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10772127/Cheap-Ch…l

Allegedly cheap Chinese tyres are hindering Russian field mobility, which is nice, though I suppose if you’re being shot at you might welcome some “ditch finding” driver aids.

Not saying it isn’t true, BUT the photographic evidence suggests some journos might have skipped the critical thinking lecture.

First picture is captioned “Ukrainian forces capture a Russian army vehicle near Kyiv with the tyres burst.”

Front tyres are indeed flat, BUT the front of the vehicle has quite obviously been shot to bits, which might be a bit relevant.

It might be effective, but they have a country for the time being at least. Fighting like it seems like the best idea. Psychologically it would probably be impossible for them as well. Going straight to insurgency almost seems like throwing in the towel. Even the North Vietnamese never totally gave up the conventional fight.

2 Likes

Right, actually it was Putins take on the war causing an upcoming food crisis which I found the most interesting part.

Unfortunately for Putin everyone’s been trained to discard everything he says as Russian disinformation when there’s a fair bit of truth to what he is saying.

However it’s easier to blame inflation, food shortages as Putins fault, as the West is doing because Putin started a war than it is for Putin to explain that these things that were either happening or were being discussed before he did anything. Not that his invasion didn’t make things worse.

If Russia starts firing their own propagandists this thread will get pretty quiet :rofl:

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone anywhere still teaching this

There was a boy who cried wolf. That’s the thing about being full of shit, one loses all credibility

5 Likes

Yeah, if those are his words (and I guess they are, because Mr. Mercouris says they’re apparently from a TV interview), Putin sounds almost like a policy wonk. I’m no economist, but about Russia not being responsible for the food/inflation problem, he makes out a pretty good case.

1 Like

Finally, some real news

Russian Generals added to international red list of endangered species

3 Likes

I would suggest like our leaders he too has speech writers.

1 Like

Ukraine is an illiberal democracy, Russia is a fake one.