Ukraine Invaded by the Russians - April to August 2022

Saw that. Epic troll. Never gonna happen.

Here’s the statement:

I think when he wrote the word here, he was not thinking of Dating and Relationships, Pets and Other Animals, Cars and Motorcycles, Teaching English in Taiwan, etc. And I don’t think he was referring to other topics in the International Politics forum, such as “Canadian Politics/News,” “Objectivity and Bias in Media,” etc.

I think he was referring to this thread here, the one that we’re in right now. The topic of this thread is a war. I’m pretty sure that a great deal of the discussion taking place here is not of an antiwar character. To a great extent, I think it’s about who’s right and who’s wrong in the war, which also, in most cases I think, implies taking a side about who should win and who should lose, or at least about who should not win and who should not lose.

There are people who say that Russia is in the right. Others may strongly disagree with that (I, for one, disagree with it). But if I believe that Russia is in the wrong, and that Ukraine is essentially in the right, and if I’m not a pacifist, then there’s a very good chance that I support Ukraine and its fighters in this war. But Ukraine’s fighters are making war, and they’re killing people. I think Ukraine has the right to defend itself, but in defending itself, it’s going to wind up killing people. That means I think Ukraine has the right to kill people–not everyone, just combatants on the other side who are actively engaged in war-making against Ukraine.

But that still means I support Ukraine’s right to make war and kill people.

And that’s why I wrote earlier in this thread:

I wrote the quote immediately above because no matter how one tries to parse the thing, I’m supporting war-making and killing people. And as I implied by my dread of the possibility of a hereafter, there’s something awful about that. There’s something awful about my support of war-making, because there’s something awful about war.

But to repeat, I think here means “in this thread,” or “in this topic.” At most, it means “in this topic and the ones connected to it.”

Ok, maybe he’s speaking for you here, but not for me.

1 Like

ATACMS is here!

That air base is like a scene from hell!

:man_facepalming:
And when they run out of convicts? What’s next?

1 Like

North Koreans?

2 Likes

I think the Russians would invade New York soon. I mean they are really pushing out from Horilivka.

I guess the Russians are following the Ukraine example…

The Art of (Insurgent) War:

KYIV, Ukraine — From spring into summer, the Ukrainian military was pummeled by Russian artillery in eastern Ukraine, steadily losing ground and as many as 200 soldiers a day in a mismatched, head-to-head contest. But in recent weeks, Ukraine has shifted its strategy with the help of new weaponry and succeeded, at least for now, in slowing Russia’s advances.

Supplied with a growing arsenal of long-range Western weapons and aided by local fighters known as partisans, Ukraine has been able to hit Russian forces deep behind enemy lines, disrupting critical supply lines and, increasingly, striking targets that are key to Moscow’s combat potential. . .

In eastern Ukraine, the main Russian effort is now focused on trying to gain ground in the Donetsk region, and there has been intense fighting in recent days in the area around the town of Pisky. Russia’s Defense Ministry said on Saturday that the town had fallen, a claim that could not be independently verified.

The Ukrainian way, as is becoming more apparent by the day, is to carry out strikes that undermine Moscow’s ability to sustain the forces it has deployed at the front.

“We look for the weak points of the Russians, determine the critical points of the enemy and gradually bleed them,” Andrii Ryzhenk, a former top Ukrainian military official who is now an adviser at the Center for Defense Strategies, a Ukrainian think tank, said this month.

While the approach has been aided by the long-range Western weapons, it has also been encouraged by Western officials. Mr. Reznikov, Ukraine’s defense minister, said this week that the American and British defense ministers had both offered him a piece of advice: “The Russians use meat-grinder tactics — if you plan to fight them with the same tactics, we will not be able to help you.”

1 Like

Colonel Douglas Macgregor said this week he expects a big Russian offensive by September. Land locking Ukraine.
They may call in some of their regular military - 80% of which is resting.

If the Ukrainians play their hand right the Russian surge will end up in the dustbin of history along with the rest of them:

In the end, Obama effectively implemented both the larger-scale surge and Biden’s preferred campaign of drone strikes, special operations raids, and CIA action.

War of attrition continues.

1 Like

The Nazi hunters who call themselves Wagner.

3 Likes

Good analysis of the Saki Airbase strike.

Ha ha. You have to laugh at the farce:

Not happy with Churchill:

Russian cargo trucks chased by a drone and into a waiting German made off-route anti-tank mine.

1 Like

Taiwan made ‘drone bomber’ supplied to Ukraine through Poland.

Company website:
https://dronesvision.com/mortar-revolver-bomber-drone/

6 Likes

Man, that’s friggin’ awesome. Their AR-1 Assault drone looks frightening.

1 Like