Ukraine Invaded by the Russians - April to August 2022

With monkeypox spreading, it’s not wise to be too close to your pets. Just the other day, a dog got monkeypox from his owners.

Edit: that rules out group hug as well I guess. In other words, lots of people are probably screwed.

Asian countries are having it rough too.

Well, hansioux and divinecomedy, I think maybe you can understand that being short-sighted isn’t your fault… It’s how the oil and gas bearons want you to see things…

Change is coming much faster than the owners of Capital like you to believe. And today, the young people of Germany are not in any mood to swallow excuses or knuckle under to the complacency that pretends change isn’t inevitable. Aramco, Exxon and BP are not our friends…

No one is saying change is impossible. But real changes take time. This is not about being short sighted. Winter is less than 2 months away whether we like it or not. I don’t see you providing any solution, just more hand-waving.

Anyway, we’ll soon know enough how bad things will be in Europe come this winter, but the Germans are now prioritizing coal trains over passenger services, Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

3 Likes

Doubtful, but could well be an inside job.
The media in the west claim he was ‘far right’ (that old chestnut).
But looking into him, he was a Nazbol (National Bolshevism, a political movement that combines elements of radical nationalism and Bolshevism) and Eurasianist (Eurasianism is a political movement in Russia that posits that Russian civilization does not belong in the “European” or “Asian” categories but instead to the geopolitical concept of Eurasia, therefore making Russia a standalone civilization).
And if you search ‘‘Alexander Dugin influenced by…’’ you’ll see names such as Evola, Schmitt, Geunon, Spengler and Nietzsche along with a bunch of Russian and Jewish Marxists.

Well, mainstream media says that Ukraine denies involvement in the Dugin bomb. Ukraine says the hit was internal, by some unknown group called the National Republican Army. The truth may never be known.

This is just typical ukrop baloney(that gets mindlessly repeated as fact by the ever obedient BBC/CNN.)

Obvious Ukraine did this. It’s the payback that’s going to be interesting.

Russian NRA claimed responsibility.

Russia has their own version:

2 Likes

Do I win a prize for guessing which one you think is the likely perpetrator?

1 Like

Do I win a bigger prize for guessing which one you think is the likely perpetrator?

1 Like

No prize for you, plenty of people who could have been behind it (including the Russians themselves) and plenty of people have every reason to construct a narrative which means everything is suspect until the facts are better established.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/08/22/us-weapons-ukraine-offensive/

The NRA stuff is a bit unbelievable. The special operation’s been going on for months now and it’s only now they are striking. For what purpose?

That’s why I weighed in, the NRA page @slawa linked to looks like it was created yesterday, or at least every edit ever made was done yesterday. The West would just love for there to be a armed insurgent group with the objective of overthrowing Putin. Sounds almost too good to be true.

1 Like

Anyway, it doesn’t matter what we think. Moscow thinks it’s the Ukrainians, so some kind of retaliation is certainly coming.

Russia (the FSB?) says this, but we don’t know what is actually thought by who there.

For example, and this is an example, maybe this brain guy pissed off Putin and this was meant to be the false flag to justify the horrific attacks Zelensky has warned are coming.

I don’t actually think this is true, but we can speculate harder

1 Like

It’s possible, check his comments here from just a bit earlier at end of article. Maybe he was making a habit of that sort of thing

Logistically speaking “Putin did it” is the most likely explanation (not to say that’s necessarily the case.)

1 Like

Plenty of the gas floor heating are built in to the structure of the buildings in Germany. I mean I guess people can go out and buy much less effective standalone electric heaters that will only warm up a small area around it, and leave their gas floor heaters off this winter. However, I doubt people are going to be ok with that. Most like it’s what they will have to do because there is no other option to keep warm.

If Germany wished to prevent this with “foresight” they should have:
a. Not continue to buy Russian gas after 2014, so that the war never would start in the first place.
b. Send Ukraine those armored vehicles they promised they would give, so that the war could end before the winter.

By now, it’s way too late to get the LNG infrastructure in place.

I don’t understand what’s going on about the tanks, etc.:

Steelman,* “Germany is delaying the delivery of heavy weapons to Ukraine,” Poland Posts English, August [22?], 2022

*I guess that’s a pen name?

Edited to add:

Germany has sent multiple-rocket-launcher systems and self-propelled howitzers to Ukraine.

I saw a general that says howitzers capable of launching long range guided rounds, such as HIMAR is currently functioning as the poor man’s air force and hitting Russian command and supply structures from a far.

However, it is of little help when it comes to retaking Russian held territories. For that the Ukrainians need tanks.

1 Like